A Fortune100 Telecommunications company's Infrastructure SRE team seeks a Senior Go Developer capable of working with and mentoring Site Reliability Engineers. The SRE Team works with a variety of languages, but are looking for someone to help them best leverage the unique aspects of Go as a language and build exciting tools for a variety of tasks. As a Senior Go Developer, youll be able to look at a problem critically, advise where Go can help and then steer a team of more junior Golang developers to solve the problems. As this role is within a Site Reliability Team, a strong grasp of DevOps, Agile Methodologies, Jenkins Pipelines and modern CI/CD practices are also a must have.
* Take a proactive role in leading and owning development projects; helping to advise leaders and developers of potential traps and how best to avoid them
* Master of Go Modules, how best to manage dependencies, build microservices where appropriate and architect for the task at hand
* Build automation services that integrate with a wide range of company and our partners APIs, in a maintainable code base that is well documented
* Actively participate in the future of the Cisco Webex Calling Software tooling
* Ensure DevSecOps is part and parcel of everything we do as a team
* Extending well known Open Source tools with custom plugins (Grafana, Kubernetes, Terraform)
* Interactions with modern Cisco Software Defined Networking tools (APIC)
* Building reusable tools for the Cloud Calling Go Developers to utilise and build on together (logging libraries, API Clients)
* Mentoring other team members so youre not working on everything alone!
Who You'll Work With
We are a dynamic and growing organization looking for engineers capable of delivering best-in-class collaboration technologies quickly and efficiently without impacting the end users reliability. The SRE team works directly with application, client and infrastructure engineering teams to help met their objectives in an automated, scalable and repeatable manner. Moreover, the SRE team interfaces with security teams and other corporate teams to ensure compliance and governance needs are met. The ideal candidate demonstrates knowledge of business processes and team dynamics across the organization, as well as the drive to accomplish tasks independently, within policies, and on-time.
Who You Are
The ideal candidate is a big picture thinker with a passion for making the world a better place through technology. A willing learner with the ability to drive efficiency, streamline deployments, manage complex projects and improve the customer experience.
Travel / Shifts
* The job holder will work local office business hours
* May participate in a rotating on-call schedule
* Minimal travel is expected
* Fluent in English speaking and writing
* A passionate interest in technology, keeping up to date with the rapid changes that are occurring every day
* 5+ years experience in an enterprise environment developing high quality software in Python, Go, Java or C++ with at least a year of pure Go.
* Demonstrable experience solving difficult problems and explaining your thought processes succinctly
* Excellent Communication Skills
* Experience working in an Agile Development workflow (sprints, retrospectives etc)
* Willingness to roll your sleeves up and get into the weeds - using your wide range of technical skills to solve the problems faced by the team
* Experience using UML diagrams and creating them to explain software ideas and implementation
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.