- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Management of Information Systems, or related field
- Minimum seven (7) years' experience with RSA Archer software and Archer GRC platforms; preferably in a business systems analyst capacity to include five (5) years information technology experience
- Advanced, demonstrable technical knowledge of Archer design, construction and development. Common knowledge of Microsoft SQL querying and process mapping
- Advanced Certification for GRC Tool
- RSA Professional Certification strongly desired
- Prior experience as auditor or risk management practitioner
Satisfactorily complete the medical examination for this position, if required. The incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of this position either with or without reasonable accommodations.
The Governance Risk Compliance (GRC) System Program Manager is responsible for the strategic implementation of WMATA's Governance Risk and Compliance tool, automating solutions and using a sequence of steps that describes the interaction between systems to achieve goals in support of integrating risk management. Program responsibilities include IT consulting with front-line management to determine strategic plans for digital transformation and promoting the business value of a strong culture of risk management across the organization. The GRC System Program Manager will develop and periodically review system project development and release plans of the GRC software solution. The GRC System Program Manager works in concert with Information Technology and Systems Services (ITSS), provides technical support to users, conducts appropriate tests for change requests before authorizing releases and enhancement to production, serves as the GRC platform program lead under the direction of the Director, Risk Advisory Services.
- Designs the business system solution based on requirements gathered during the strategic planning sessions with management. Evaluates the identified business requirements and guide solution development to meet business needs. Uses Agile (development methodology) system and a user-centered approach to construct the business system solution and use-cases (flow of events) in the GRC DEV environment.
- Develops the business system solution applying agile system development methodologies to test coding, functionality, performance, and conformance. Frequent touch-point meetings with the end-users assure awareness and feedback reaction during agile system development. Requests communication and feedback from the end-user during the GRC Test environment phase.
- Leads the strategic planning sessions with key management stakeholders to identify the appropriate solution for the digital transformation of manual integrated risk management processes. Effective information gathering of business requirements to develop a minimum viable product is a concept discovery tool to collect the maximum amount of knowledge about the customers with the least effort to develop the product. Identifies potential gaps in existing functionality or processes and work with stakeholders to find and implement solutions.Presents User Acceptance Testing (UAT) demonstration of the software system with simplicity and well-written documentation for end-user to approve the business system solution for release to Production through ITSS to satisfy the end-user with a minimum viable product-acceptable working software. Avoid overwhelming the end-user with complicated technical terms and jargon.
- Documents the release plan and the developed solution into a download package from the Test environment and provides the release plan documentation to ITSS for release to the PROD environment. Develops written documentation for the end-user to learn the business system solution and use-cases. Written documentation used for initial training and new employee training of the software. Writes the documentation as you build-out the business solution and frequent communication touch-point meetings with the end-user.
- Promotes continuous training and demonstrations of the GRC software. Facilitates weekly open meetings for the end-user questions can be asked and answered by the subject matter expert of the GRC system. Facilitates meetings and maintains administrative records of the GRC community meetings, i.e. using a Microsoft Team channel for communicating with the end-user community, creating a GRC tool website, sending GRC community email blasts and setting and maintain the GRC community meeting schedule and meeting agenda.
- Documents the Project Change Request (PCR) based technical changes needed to the software. Continues to embrace change requests from the end-user incrementally and frequently as needed. Documents complex enhancements in Test environment. Utilizes the IBM JAZZ System ticket system to document the change request for approval and implementation.
Consideration will be given to applicants whose resumes demonstrate the required education and experience. Applicants should include all relevant education and work experience.
Evaluation criteria may include one or more of the following:
- Skills and/or behavioral assessment
- Personal interview
- Verification of education and experience (including certifications and licenses)
- Criminal Background Check (a criminal conviction is not an automatic bar to employment)
- Medical examination including a drug and alcohol screening (for safety sensitive positions)
- Review of a current motor vehicle report
WMATA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by applicable federal law.
This posting is an announcement of a vacant position under recruitment. It is not intended to replace the official job description. Job descriptions are available upon confirmation of an interview.