LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world's largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500. LyondellBasell (www.lyondellbasell.com) manufactures products at 55 sites in 17 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including; packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.
The HR Project Manager will directly contribute to the company's Growth and Integration initiatives, leading the planning and execution of large-scale, complex projects and programs directly aligned with company Merger and Acquisition (M&A) activity from an HR perspective. The HR Project Manager is responsible for driving the HR M&A lifecycle from project kickoff through due diligence, integration planning, and execution as well as providing scalable, repeatable, and transferable processes and tools to further evolve the company's M&A HR capabilities.
This position will report to the Senior HR Director of Growth and Integration and is located at our North American Headquarters in Downtown Houston. The position offers a competitive base salary, bonus, 401K matching, generous benefits package, pension plan, parking subsidy, and employee discounts.
The ideal candidate will be committed to driving and facilitating informed decision making to ensure resolution of critical issues for large cross-functional projects or programs related to M&A from an HR perspective.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Engages HR resources to conduct due diligence, assigning roles and responsibilities for due diligence.
- Develops and implements detailed project plans for acquisition integrations with clear identification of resources, dependencies, risks and milestones. Partners with all relevant Centers of Excellence and other stakeholders to drive integration project plans to implementation with concise goals, operating mechanisms, and regular updates to stakeholders.
- Ensures effective and consistent communication at all levels that give clear sight of progress of the project.
- Proactively manages changes in project scope, identifies and manages project risks; escalates as needed for resolution.
- Defines and applies a consistent monitoring program that will ensure successful delivery of projects and continuous project improvement.
- Manages relationships with cross-functional project partners and service providers.
- Develops and maintains professional relationships with project sponsors and stakeholders across the target company and other functional areas.
- Tracks integration success metrics post-close in partnership with key stakeholders.
- Ensures cross-functional teams work collaboratively and effectively.
- Identifies and allocates resources as necessary to ensure business needs, as well as project/program deliverables, are met. Manages resource load schedules and communicates resource requirements and staffing needs.
- Provides support in post-merger integration activities across business and corporate functions.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Human Resources or related field.
- Minimum of 8 years' relevant professional work experience.
- Solid project management skills; successful track record of leading complex projects requiring coordination of work across multiple stakeholders, consensus building, problem resolution, and consistent demonstration of process improvement.
- Experience leading and supporting M&A efforts from an HR perspective.
- Able to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing.
- Sound planning and problem solving capacity and thorough decision-making skills.
- Robust presentation and analytical skills including expertise in PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
- Highly organized with great attention to detail while keeping the larger picture in mind.
- Understanding of all HR disciplines, including the HR business partner role, organizational development, compensation, benefits, talent acquisition, and operations.
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity.
- Possess a consultative style and approach with the proven ability to develop credible relationships and foster trust at all organizational levels.
- Self-motivated with ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Possess a high level of maturity, including the ability to appropriately maintain and keep sensitive information confidential.
- Strategic thinker with strong business and financial acumen.
- Resilient in the face of competing demands and conflicts; able to simultaneously manage multiple tasks and projects effectively.
- International project management experience a plus.
Builds effective teams:
Instills trust and exemplifies integrity:
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston