The HR Project Manager will directly contribute to the company's Growth and Integration initiatives, leading the planning and execution of large-scale, complex projects and programs directly aligned with company Merger and Acquisition (M&A) activity from an HR perspective.
This position will report to the Senior HR Director of Growth and Integration and is located at our North American Headquarters in Downtown Houston. The position offers a competitive base salary, bonus, 401K matching, generous benefits package, pension plan, parking subsidy, and employee discounts.
The ideal candidate will be committed to driving and facilitating informed decision making to ensure resolution of critical issues for large cross-functional projects or programs related to M&A from an HR perspective.
- Oversees initial plans, sets budgets, tracks project activities and communicates milestones to key stakeholders.
- Ensures project roll-out is managed according to plan.
- Defines and applies a consistent monitoring program that will ensure successful delivery of projects and continuous project improvement.
- Monitors and tracks project critical path and schedule variances.
- Develops and delivers progress reports, proposals, requirements documents and presentations.
- Proactively manages changes in project scope, identifies potential crises, escalates issues and ensures contingency plans are put in place.
- Manages all project level risks and issues, ensuring they are identified, assigned an owner, mitigated and reported.
- Ensures effective and consistent communication at all levels that give clear sight of progress of the project, its projects and functions.
- Routinely prepares and presents project updates to senior management.
- Identifies and allocates resources as necessary to ensure business needs, as well as project/program deliverables are met. Manages resource load schedules and communicates resource requirements and staffing needs.
- Develops and maintains professional relationships with project sponsors and stakeholders across the target company and other functional areas.
- Creates integration project plans and coordinates resources across HR to facilitate integration activities, reporting of progress to plan and issue management.
- Leads the planning and execution of large-scale, complex projects and programs. Drives and facilitates informed decision making to ensure resolution of critical issues for large cross-functional projects or programs.
- Ensures cross-functional teams work collaboratively and effectively.
- Drives initiatives from concept to implementation to achieve desired results.
- Implements strategies at the executive level.
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity.
- Supports and enables quality control and continuous improvement processes for department and company programs.
- Maintains awareness of internal processes and practices to meet project/program delivery requirements.
- Evaluates and recommends techniques and practices that ensure goal achievement.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Human Resources or related field.
- Minimum of 8 years' relevant professional work experience. At least 5 years' project management experience. At least 3 years' experience implementing programs.
- Prior experience working in Human Resources (HR) function.
- Prior experience supporting Merger and Acquisition (M&A) activity from project management perspective.
- Prior experience leading cross-functional teams.
- Prior experience anticipating internal and or external business challenges and/or regulatory issues; prior experience recommending process, product or service improvements.
- Able to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing with internal and external clients.
- Display a strong personal initiative, a sound planning and problem solving capacity, thorough decision-making skills, and effective interpersonal skills.
- Possess a high level of maturity, including the ability to appropriately maintain and keep sensitive information confidential.
- Possess a consultative style and approach with the proven ability to develop credible relationships.
- Able to gather information and develop a thorough understanding of the project, while providing strong leadership skills to lead a diverse cross-functional team.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Able to simultaneously manage multiple tasks and projects effectively.
- International project management experience a major plus.
- Thinks strategically and translates concepts into actionable items.
- Self-motivated and able to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Highly organized with great attention to detail while keeping the larger picture in mind.
- Strong financial acumen.
- Skilled judgement.
LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world's largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500. LyondellBasell (www.lyondellbasell.com) manufactures products at 55 sites in 17 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including; packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.