HR Technology Lead Developer
(Internal Title: Lead Applications Developer)
Interested in leading enterprise technology transformation for a Fortune 50 company? Looking to drive and foster innovative, global solutions? Join us as we embark on a transformative journey to create an engaging and innovative experience for our UPS partners around the globe.
About this role:
Be an essential member of one of UPS’s most significant transformation efforts! The IT Human Capital Management team, part of the HR Transformation program, is looking for a HR Technology Lead Developer to assist with implementing technologies that will enable and shape our future HR business processes and operating model. This position collaborates with other program workstreams and with other IT and business functions to develop requirements that meet the user needs. This candidate must have excellent verbal and written communication skills to be able to understand and convey technical/functional solutions with developers & users.
This candidate will serve as the primary technical resource for wide array of technology solution that support our Human Resources business. The technology landscape includes Workday and HR ServiceNow software’s with other supporting technologies that support reporting and analytics. The candidate in this position will work with internal teams and external vendors in identifying and implementing the solutions that modernize our HR applications.
- Partner with stakeholders (internal/external to HR) to understand report/data requirements and ensure results meet the business needs
- Develops and maintains simple to complex Workday reports (advanced, matrix, composite, BIRT) utilizing Workday Report Writer and Report Designer, as well as other organizational tools and available technologies
- Develops and supports integrations between Workday, ServiceNow and other external systems
- Implements and supports the HR portal using ServiceNow platform
- Implements proof of concepts to confirm feasibility of requirements
- Works with technology/security teams to define and create calc fields, security policies and other Workday objects to support the evolving reporting needs of the organization
- Leads efforts to analyze and optimize report performance
- Develops and executes unit/system test plans; ensuring delivery of a quality product
- Serves as an escalation point for troubleshooting HR reporting inquires/issues
- Performs code promotions across the Workday landscape
- Reviews system upgrades/releases to determine overall business impact, conducts regression testing and make recommendations for future enhancements/functionality
- Maintains awareness of current trends in Workday Reporting and best practices
- Actively participates in Workday Community by researching, contributing to content, voting on Brainstorms, etc..
- Minimum of 4 years of overall HCM experience with 3+ years in Workday report writing
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Math, Engineering, Computer Science, or relevant field of study or equivalent work experience
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
- Functional knowledge on Workday HR modules - Core HR, Compensation, Recruiting and Talent Management
- Functional knowledge of ServiceNow HR module, Portal, Virtual Assistant
- Excellent communication skills, and the interpersonal skills needed quickly to establish relationships of trust and collaboration
- Knowledge and experience with database products, such as SQL Server or Oracle, entity relationships, SQL and Programming
- Knowledge and experience in any analytical programming languages
- Self-starter with a focus on driving results and strong sense of accountability
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and experience with tools such as Excel and Access used to translate information and requirements into documentation and solution design
- Demonstrated experience with Excel, Visio, MS Project (or equivalent) and PowerPoint
- Desire and willingness to learn new tools, techniques, concepts, and methodologies. Workday certification is a plus
This position offers an exceptional opportunity to work for a Fortune 50 industry leader. If you are selected, you will join our dynamic technology team in making a difference to our business and customers. Do you think you have what it takes? Prove it! At UPS, ambition knows no time zone.
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law