HR Technology Senior Developer
(Internal Title: Senior Applications Developer)
We’re the obstacle overcomers, the problem get-arounders. From figuring it out to getting it done… our innovative culture demands “yes and how!” We are UPS. We are the United Problem Solvers.
About Applications Development at UPS Technology:
Our Application Development teams use their expertise in programming languages and software design to develop next-generation technology. They are responsible for developing the applications which track and move up to 38 million packages in a single day (4.7 billion annually). This team works closely with all of our customers to build innovative technologies that are customized to drive our business and provide the ultimate customer experience. As a member of the applications development family, you will help UPS grow and provide valuable services across the globe.
About this role:
Be an essential member of one of UPS’s most significant transformation efforts! The IT Human Capital Management team, part of the HR Transformation program, is looking for a HR Technology Senior Developer to assist with implementing technologies that will enable and shape our future HR business processes and operating model. This role serves as a technical point of contact and provides support with project management to ensure successful deployment of HR technology, serves as a technology expert to translate functional objectives into technical requirements and actively facilitates integration and alignment across functional HR processes, data governance and HR technology roadmap. This role will work closely with HR functional customers, enterprise IT team and HR technology vendors.
The successful candidate will require collaboration and partnership across multiple work groups. S/he will need to work with cross-functional teams to understand and document comprehensive requirements to ensure system configurations meet the business needs. S/he will serve as the subject matter expert for the HR supporting Technology systems
- Responsible for the design, development, configuration, implementation, support and optimization of the HR Supporting technology systems.
- Collaborate with implementation partners, vendors and IT staff on application development and corporate standards adoption.
- Partner with Talent Acquisition and HRIS to support Talent Acquisition technology, including requirements gathering, testing, delivery and support.
- Work directly with the project team providing hands-on process design, application configuration and development, cross platform data exchange and go-live support.
- Document system process and data flow, system architecture and configuration, interface specifications and system support procedures.
- Facilitate integration and coordination effort across HR technology portfolio, socialize and maintain commitment to roadmap.
- Advocate for functional, technical configuration, data and user experience alignment across HR technology stack.
- Support timely identification and escalation of risks and development of alternative technical and functional approaches when necessary.
- Manage system upgrades, patch application, testing, change control tasks and other technical assignments.
- Minimum of 4 years of overall HR applications experience with 1+ years as HR ServiceNow or Workday experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Math, Engineering, Computer Science, or relevant field of study or equivalent work experience
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Knowledge and experience with database products, such as SQL Server or Oracle, entity relationships, SQL and Programming
- Senior level experience of technical development and application support for implementing HR related applications and Technologies.
- Knowledge of commonly used HCM concepts, practices and procedures.
- 2 to 3 years of hands-on experience in one or more of these applications: Workday, ServiceNow, Vendor Management System, Candidate Assessment Application or
- Candidate Relationship Management systems
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written, and the interpersonal skills needed quickly to establish relationships of trust and collaboration
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and experience with tools such as Excel and Access used to translate information and requirements into documentation and solution design
- Demonstrated experience with Excel, Visio, MS Project (or equivalent) and PowerPoint
- Desire and willingness to learn new tools, techniques, concepts, and methodologies
- Ability to multi-task and run multiple projects concurrently
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
This position offers an exceptional opportunity to work for a Fortune 50 industry leader. If you are selected, you will join our dynamic technology team in making a difference to our business and customers. Do you think you have what it takes? Prove it! At UPS, ambition knows no time zone.
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law