Here at Discount Tire, we celebrate the spirit of our people with extraordinary pride and enthusiasm. Our business has been growing for more than 60 years and now is the best time in our history to join us. We are opening more locations every year and we are always looking for qualified individuals to join us in our growth. We are a company that promotes from within, both in our retail and corporate operations.
Under direct supervision, the HRIS Specialist I maintains the recurring processes and interfaces of the Company's Human Capital Management (HCM). Completes HRIS report requests in a timely manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Runs, analyzes, transmits and archives basic recurring HRIS processes and interfaces.
- Maintains and monitors basic public and private reports.
- Designs, develops, tests and delivers basic reports based on customer specifications; maintains and organizes report requests and documentation.
- Creates basic audit reports to ensure HRIS data integrity; audits and analyzes data, notifies appropriate individuals of issues; assists management and users with developing regular data auditing procedures via reports.
- Assists in data cleanup projects.
- Completes HRIS data change requests.
- Modifies tables as requested.
- Stays current on the latest industry technologies, trends and strategies.
- Assists employees, vendors or other customers by answering questions related to basic HRIS processes, procedures and services.
- Completes work in a timely and accurate manner while providing exceptional customer service.
- Other duties as assigned.
- This position requires a minimum of one year of related HRIS, human resources or payroll experience.
- Previous experience with HCM systems required; Workday preferred.
- Advanced level computer experience, including skills in Microsoft Work, Excel, Access and PowerPoint, is necessary.
- The ability to create basic reports with HRIS reporting tools is required. Workday preferred.
- Proven analytical skills are required.
- This position requires excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work efficiently under pressure, accurately meet deadlines, present a professional demeanor and work well independently is essential.
- Customer service skills including the ability to manage and respond to different customer situations while maintaining a positive and friendly attitude is essential.
- In addition, troubleshooting, organizational and problem-solving skills with a can-do attitude and the ability to adjust to changing requirements are essential. Maintaining confidentiality, treating others with respect and upholding Company values is key.
This position requires a high school diploma or GED. Additional college level human resources, information technology or business-related courses are beneficial.
Normal work days are Monday through Friday. Occasional Saturdays and Sundays may be necessary.
Normal work hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Occasional overtime (more than forty hours per week) may be necessary.