LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2021, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the 'World's Most Admired Companies' for the fourth consecutive year.
This role will be responsible for the development, direction, coordination and overall management of the health, safety and environmental (HSE), and regulatory programs, procedures, training, work practices and controls for assigned facility. You will identify and ensure compliance with applicable HSE regulations and risks while interacting with Operations, Legal, and Engineering to implement acceptable systems to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures and regulatory requirements.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Champions an injury free environment.
- Manages the day-to-day compliance with federal, state and local HSE requirements including but not limited to OSHA, EPA, ANSI, and NFPA, etc. Maintains awareness of regulatory requirements and analyzes potential impacts on operations. Consults directly with the management team and all associates to ensure plant compliance with policies and procedures.
- Works with site and HSE management in the creation of site HSE targets and objectives in support of plant and corporate HSE strategic initiatives designed to drive HSE culture, compliance, and results.
- Manages Job Hazard Analysis and the investigation of employee concerns, injuries, HSE incidents, and Employee Observation/Near Misses. Develops and tracks all initial accident/near miss investigations and audits corrective actions to closure.
- Monitors and reviews Corporate Safety Manual to verify compliance of assigned plant and manages completion of health, safety and environmental audits/inspections and risk assessments to identify and prioritize HSE aspects and hazards.
- Plans, implements and manages programs for assigned site to train managers and employees in work site safety practices.
- Develops and maintains a strong and positive working relationship with regulatory agency staff and industry environmental coalitions, as applicable. Communicates inquiries or complaints from regulatory agencies to management.
- Coordinates and maintains compliance with industrial hygiene requirements.
- Fosters and maintains Safety Committees.
- Works with Human Resources and Workers Compensation Manager to facilitate Worker Compensation claim activities.
- Participates in meetings, workshops, and conferences to keep current regarding environmental health and safety issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree in Safety, Environmental Management or other related technical discipline; will consider additional experience in lieu of degree.
Minimum of 3 years of experience in HSE or related field.
Minimum of 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
Certified Health Safety Professional (CHSP) certification a plus
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of personnel.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Support site 24/365
Builds effective teamsCollaboratesCultivates innovationCustomer focusDemonstrates courageDrives resultsEnsures accountabilityInstills trust and exemplifies integrity
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Cleveland
Nearest Secondary Market: Akron