MUST HAVE ACTIVE US DOD SECURITY CLEARANCE
We are seeking a Hardware/DevOps Engineer for a Submarine Electronics program in Fairfax, VA called the Tactical Control System. This program helps sailors identify what the acoustic and sonar sensors are detecting in the water. This person is being onboarded to support an OTA through May of 2020 that will help determine what hardware will be used for future software capabilities upgrades on the technology for 2022 and beyond. Once this project is completed there will either be other follow on OTAs to support they will move to the production side of the TCS program. This person is going to be responsible for researching new hardware components, completing studies and giving recommendations to the chief engineer for hardware selection, selecting the hardware, understanding the security of the hardware, getting prototypes working, and giving demonstrations to the stakeholders.
- Interact with product and service teams to identify questions and issues within current architecture
- Support migration of existing system architecture into an IaaS architecture
- Support certification and delivery of new architecture
- Select, Install, and Troubleshoot Hardware (Will be done in Classified Lab)
- Shape future products by contributing to the architecture framework used across multiple products or systems
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related technical field is required plus a minimum of 7 years relevant experience
- Must have experience with hardware requirements and procurement specification development, selection and configuration (includes evaluation of vendor capabilities to support product selection and development and reporting that information to stakeholders)
- Must understand resource allocation, CPU pinning, hyperthreading, GPUs/vGPU
- Ability to perform, compile, and interpret hardware and software benchmarks/metrics using opensource tools
- Hardware Security policy implementation and monitoring for threats (Understanding of NIST Standards)
- Experience presenting to stakeholders and/or clients
- Ability to read/write scripts (Python, Bash, etc.)
- Experience with RedHat 7 or more recent
- Experience with cloud based environments, cloud migration, plus management of existing cloud solutions
- Network infrastructure design
- Storage management, including both local storage hardware and cloud storage systems
- Virtualization with systems such as KVM, QEMU
- Containerization with systems such as CRI-O, Docker
- Web server deployment and maintenance
- Process automation
- Virtual private network (VPN) configuration and security
- Ability to rack and stack hardware
- Experience with Intel Microprocessor road maps
- Experience with Cyber implementation at HW levels
- Experience working on a Defense related project
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.