SkillStorm is seeking a Healthcare Data SAS Analyst for one of our clients in Mechanicsburg, PA.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performs advanced SAS programming. (70%)
- Conducts complex analyses of Medicare claims, Medicare provider, and Medicare beneficiary data for strategy development, workload assessment, provider education, and medical review audits. (20%)
- Performs quality assessment of SAS programs to ensure the code creates accurate and complete data sets and/or reports. (10%)
- Performs other duties as the supervisor may, from time to time, deem necessary.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 5+ years related work experience. This includes SAS programming experience.
- Strong data analysis skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Basic knowledge of statistics
- Basic knowledge of Medicare Part A and B programs
- Strong data mining skills to thoroughly review and analyze data to discover vital information to effect lower claims error rate and reduce outlier billing patterns
- Proficient in Word and Excel Base SAS Certification (2 years additional SAS programming experience can substitute for certification)
- Bachelor's degree in statistics, mathematics, or computer science
- Good working knowledge of:
- Contract's Medicare claims processing system
- Medical terminology
- CPT, ICD-9, and HCPCS coding structures
- Experience with relational databases