Location: Grapevine, TX
Duration: 1 Year
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
Working under general supervision, the IT Service Support Specialist- Networking provides the primary support for on-site, near-shore, and off-shore support teams and ensures positive store interactions.
Associates in the role will display a work ethic of service excellence with a sense of urgency, timely communications, and follow up to support our partners.
Associates will also provide networking and administrative support to the IT Service Support team by owning and quickly resolving escalated service issues.
The role typically interacts with a supervisor several times a week, perhaps daily, for guidance and support. This role is generally characterized by working levels of scope, complexity, and independent decision making.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
- Configure and define parameters for installation or testing of local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN), hubs, routers, switches, controllers, telco, ISP, WAP or related networking equipment in a Retail Environment.
- Document network support activities.
- Evaluate local area network (LAN) or wide area network (WAN) performance data to ensure sufficient availability or speed, to identify network problems, or for disaster recovery purposes.
- Identify the causes of networking problems, using diagnostic testing software and equipment.
- Install and configure wireless networking equipment.
- Answer escalated network and IP related problems as appropriate to ensure the issues are addressed and communicated to all necessary business partners, support vendors, or IT teams
- Maintain technical knowledge base, troubleshoot process flows, and create new documentation
- Serve as subject matter expert, taking ownership of obtaining information / clarification
- Build business relationships by working closely with other IT teams, project managers, and business partners
- Report and communicate network and IP issues, concerns, or suggestions for improvement to the IT Service Support department management
- Demonstrate a consistent commitment to field-focused service by prioritizing field-based requests, responding quickly and favorably to field-based feedback, by minimizing tasks, and proactively seeking ways to help store teams focus on customer service as productively as possible
- Responsible for adhering consistently with all employment policies as stated in the employee handbook provided or as provided by his or her supervisor
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE)
- High school diploma required; one or more years of related, accredited college study preferred
- MS certification preferred
- A+ or equivalent certification preferred
- Network+ or equivalent certification preferred
If you are interested please do send me your updated resume with your expected rate
Thanks & regards,