Help Desk Analyst Summary:
Signature Consultants has a contract opportunity for a Help Desk Analyst. In this role the candidate will provide principle telephone and remote assistance client support for users firm-wide on all applications, hardware, hardware peripherals, telephony and network related issues. This position provides expert application, email and other support assistance required by the customer. Our client is seeking an individual with one to three years of experience in a technical environment with outstanding professional communication skills, a customer comes first attitude, professional phone demeanor and ability to deal with multiple tasks in a rapid, constantly evolving environment.
- Provides principal support for the firms telecommunications system, including instruction in phone use and dialing, maintenance of voice mail passwords and configuring conference calls
- Provides 1stlevel Network/Server administration, including but not limited to Outlook account management, Right fax account management, Active Directory administration (adding and removing user from groups and troubleshooting issues with Active Directory accounts) and shared drive administration (creating shared drives, modifying security levels, etc.).
- Provides 1stlevel management of the firms Document Management System and 1stlevel Intranet administration (i.e. SharePoint).
- Provides support to users and their mobile devices (iPhone, Droid, etc.) including email synchronization.
- Performs network monitoring for potential problems and performance issues. Alerts and escalates potential network issues to the network administrators.
- Updates relevant IT data for users such as default printer and U drive locations.
- Troubleshoots all incidents and inquiries as deeply as possible to ensure a high percentage of first call resolution incidents
- Provides expert support regarding remote access capabilities, including, but not limited to Citrix, VPN, Wireless, Dialup and personal MiFi hotspots
- Supports both browser-based application delivery methods as well as traditional full client systems, including but not limited to adding users to proper GPOs for application delivery
- Assists in configuring and supporting internal and external audio, video and collaborative WebEx meetings. Ensures the firms support policies/procedures are met by immediately escalating any issues that may arise.
- Enters all incidents into Firms call tracking system and monitor assigned incidents. Must also track multiple similar incidents and identify Problems or Whiteboards as appropriate. Must communicate Problems and Whiteboards to IT staff and users as appropriate
- In instances of outages or emergencies, follows firm procedures for proper firm wide communications.
- Perform root cause analysis and develop resolutions to common issues. Document and share all resolutions with team members and other groups within IT as appropriate.
- Performs information gathering and troubleshooting details prior to escalating calls, providing sufficient technical detail for 2ndand 3rdlevels to resolve. Ensures proper escalation of call when required, records all service numbers, trouble ticket numbers and other pertinent service information.
- Participates in the coverage of the Help Desk on-call pager on a 24 x 7 rotating schedule.
- Keeps track of common training issues and escalates to the Application Specialist group.
- Keeps informed of industry best practices and investigates to see if they are appropriate for the Firm. Collaborates with the group on ideas and best practices guidelines.
- Backs up team members relative to their workload, projects, coverage, vacations and sick time whenever possible.
- Manages the firms imaging solutions including but not limited to printer and scanning managemen.
- 1 - 5 years' experience supporting the latest version of the Microsoft Office application suite as well as Interwoven, Citrix
- MOS Certification in Word, Excel and Outlook (version 2003) PowerPoint or Access, Network+ or MCDST Knowledge of Office 2007/2010 is a plus.
- Outstanding professional communication skills, a customer comes first attitude, professional phone demeanor and ability to deal with multiple tasks in a rapid, constantly evolving environment.
- Knowledge of PC hardware components, laser printer components and Windows XP configuration and diagnostic utilities.
- Excellent organizational skills and an ability to be self-directed on specific assignments
- Overtime as needed and contribute to IT department projects as directed
- High level of dependability is required
- On-call rotating 24 x 7 pager coverage
About Signature Consultants, LLC
Headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Signature Consultants was established in 1997 with a singular focus: to provide clients and consultants with superior staffing solutions. For the ninth consecutive year, Signature was voted as one of the 'Best Staffing Firms to Work For' and is now the 15th largest IT staffing firm in the United States (source: Staffing Industry Analysts). With 27 locations throughout North America, Signature annually deploys thousands of consultants to support, run, and manage their clients' technology needs. Signature offers IT staffing, consulting, managed solutions, and direct placement services. For more information on the company, please visit www.sigconsult.com.