Leads a team in the adherence to planning, policies, and practices. Manages the team while overseeing the daily operation of the Help Desk. Responsible for personnel management, including mentoring of junior team members, daily supervision and assigning of tasks, and providing key input to annual employee evaluations of team members. Manages the team calendar, scheduling of meetings and evaluations, and required reporting.
* Leads or directs a team of Help Desk Specialists in performing a variety of basic user-problem analyses. Assists with monitoring the network management systems and ensures a prompt and appropriate response to customer requests and issues.
* Responsible for scheduling and coordinating all team meetings and events. Provides approval for team member leave requests.
* Evaluates and assesses service delivery performance metrics and conducts surveys of clients to weigh the level of service delivery in the company.
* Keeps record of daily operations at the help desk for tracking of customer needs, services rendered and future reference.
* Involved in the hiring process for new Help Desk Specialists. Participates in the interviewing process and provides feedback to the hiring manager for candidate selection.
* Participates in planning team member annual reviews and evaluations.
* Acts as initial point of escalation for all customer issues and questions if they cannot be triaged by a Help Desk Specialist.
* Participates in implementing corrective action plans for team members.
* Oversees training plan, and participates in training of new team members.
* Ensures Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are met. Addresses customer inquiries via phone and/or ticket system if there is a backlog.
* Overall responsibility for leading the program, department, or functional area as designated. Oversees. directs, and mentors subordinate staff; communicates job expectations and enforces organizational policies, procedures and core values; responsible for recruiting staff, approving timecards, and conducting performance reviews and disciplinary measures.
* Must work with functional and development teams to accomplish project goals
* Maintains oversight of knowledge management system to ensure required articles are available to agents, and kept up to date
* Coordinates messaging to ensure all shifts receive consistent policy and knowledge management updates.
Bachelor's Degree (May be substituted with equivalent experience)
3-5 years of experience as a Customer Service Representative or Help Desk Operator.
0-2 years of management experience.
Other Job Specific Skills
* Must be detail oriented, as well as able to work well with others.
* Must demonstrate leadership skills including organizing, planning, scheduling, and coordinating workloads to meet established deadlines.
* Ability to resolve difficult and diverse technical and management issues.
* Ability to work well under pressure.
* Must be knowledgeable about service desk systems and IT tools.
* Must have good judgement in handling serious customer problems.
* Knowledge of ITIL framework and processes
* Prior military experience or knowledge and experience with Federal Government Civilian workforce is a plus.
* Salesforce experience is a plus
HDI Support Center Team Lead Certified a plus