CALIBRE Systems Inc, an employee-owned Management Consulting and Information Technology Services company is looking for a Help Desk Specialist – Journeyman in support of our recently awarded AFNCR contract. This is a highly visibility position on a premiere Air Force program in support of the Silver Support Team.
The Help Desk function provides 24/7/365 network assistance and technical support to resolve user incidents, service requests, communications, computer, voice, network faults and outages, and incident resolution support. The Help Desk shall assign priorities based on the criticality of the incident, problem, or service level of the customer.
- Responds to and diagnoses problems through discussion with users;
- Ensures a timely process through which problems are controlled, including problem recognition, research, isolation, resolution, and follow-up steps;
- Provides support to end users on a variety of issues;
- Responds to telephone calls, email and personnel requests for technical support;
- Provides second-tier support to end users for either PC, server, or mainframe applications or hardware;
- Interact with network services, software systems engineering, and/or applications development to restore service and/or identify and correct core problem;
- Simulates or recreates user problems to resolve operating difficulties; and
- Recommends systems modifications to reduce user problems.
**Shift work may be required**