Help Desk Specialist I
Supports one or more Help Desk systems developed and operated by ASM Research. Participates as a member of a team that handles inquiries from users for multiple applications. Assesses the customers' issue, performs initial triage, documents the problem, creates an incident and ensures the customer contract information is accurate and complete.
- Performs a variety of basic user-problem analyses for the help desk; assists with monitoring the network management systems and ensures a prompt and appropriate response to customer requests and issues.
- Collects screenshots and other data for use in troubleshooting, then acts as a liaison between the client and program developers.
- Performs initial problem analysis and triages problem to technical staff when appropriate.
- Coordinates efforts with staff associates and subject matter experts to resolve problems; logs and tracks requests for assistance related to the application as a primary user contact.
- Responsible for knowing when to escalate an incident, resolves basic questions to problems associated with account administration, system navigation/functionality, access and FAQs.
- Assists with compiling and regularly maintaining a log of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) originating with all categories of users. Assists with providing and managing official answers to all FAQs and distributing same to all interested stakeholders.
- Contributes to the preparation of procedure manuals and documentation for help desk use.
- Makes recommendations for improvements to help desk and assists with creating reports based on information provided from user surveys and trend analyses.
- HS Diploma
- Able to pass NACI background investigation
Relevant Work Experience:
- 0-2 years of customer service experience.
- 1-3 years as a Customer Service Representative or Help Desk operator preferred.
Other Job Specific Skills
- Knowledge of and ability to use computers, including the Microsoft Suite and Internet Explorer.
- Being able to type quickly and accurately is essential.
- Must have strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Must be confident in ability to control phone conversations and guide customers.
- Ability to provide step-by-step instructions and clearly express ideas and solutions to customers and colleagues.
- Well-developed presentation, telephone and writing skills.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to learn new computer applications and to continually learn changes to those computer applications.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Must be flexible and dependable.
- Strong active listener, giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times, preferred.
- Prior military experience or knowledge is helpful but not required.
- Knowledge of ITIL framework and processes preferred.