Help Desk Support I Position Summary:
Signature Consultants is seeking an entry level Helpdesk Support Technician to provide quality customer support on applications, PCs, peripherals, and Microsoft products. Resolving service requests in the most efficient manner by following companies' service level agreements (SLAs) will be key. This helpdesk technician will answer and record reported problems from internal employees and will provide initial troubleshooting and triage for incoming support requests. This position will report to the Help Desk Manager/Lead.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages incoming service requests from users each day. (Phone, e-mail, walk-up, Skype IM)
- Records and resolves incoming requests for support from users.
- Escalates issues to senior members of Level 1, as well as the different departments within IT and the back office.
- Documents and maintains a detailed history of the case notes from start to finish.
- Provides a high degree of customer satisfaction, technical expertise, accuracy, and timeliness.
- Performs basic end user account administration.
- Provides basic hands-on computer hardware systems support.
- Creates knowledge base tools for future reference on 'how to' solve problems step by step.
- Keeps equipment and applications current across the enterprise (Potential Travel - up to 25%)
- Perform other duties that they are tasked with by their manager and/or lead.
The successful candidate has recently obtained an Associate/Bachelor degree in an IT related field and has experience in PC support and/or a customer service role. Specialized knowledge and skills include:
- Excellent knowledge related to helpdesk standards and procedures.
- Excellent organizational, decision making, customer service, and communication skills (verbal & written).
- Self-Driven individuals with a high efficiency in multi-tasking and high attention to detail.
- Preferable certifications: A+, Network+.
Equipment and Applications:
- Windows PC hardware/software knowledge.
- MS Windows 7/10 operating systems.
- Experience in providing MS Office, configuration and support.
- Experience in providing desktop, application and hardware support/trouble shooting.
- Experience in basic network support.
Other Key Systems:
- Active Directory, MAC knowledge, Bullhorn, Outlook, Mimecast, MS Office, Track-IT, Telephone setup/configuration (Shoretel/Mitel), Mobile Device Setup (Apple iOS & Android).
This is a full time role that will be sitting in Charlotte, NC. Signature's company culture is unique in that we truly live by our values of friends first, integrity and doing the right thing. This culture, combined with our energetic Charlotte team, make for a fun, vibrant work environment full of opportunities to learn about many different facets of the business.
About Signature Consultants, LLC
Headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Signature Consultants was established in 1997 with a singular focus: to provide clients and consultants with superior staffing solutions. For the ninth consecutive year, Signature was voted as one of the 'Best Staffing Firms to Work For' and is now the 14th largest IT staffing firm in the United States (source: Staffing Industry Analysts). With 28 locations throughout North America, Signature annually deploys thousands of consultants to support, run, and manage their clients' technology needs. Signature offers IT staffing, consulting, managed solutions, and direct placement services. For more information on the company, please visit www.sigconsult.com. Signature Consultants is the parent company to Hunter Hollis and Madison Gunn.