Follow us on: LinkedIn | Twitter | google+
Help Desk Technician
Security Clearance Required: Active DoD Secret
US Citizenship Required
Locations Quantico, VA - 80% work from home is available, will require 1 day a week onsite
Position Summary: Provides basic IT support to USMC customers via phone, computer, or in person visits.
Summary of Position Responsibilities:
- Generation of the Weekly, Monthly, and Quarterly status reports that summarize the following duties, including metrics of submission, completion, and timeliness of help desk tickets.
- Manage user accounts, mail, and user profiles. User accounts will be created only after required forms are approved by the Government. User accounts will be governed by standards developed in coordination with the COR and approved by the COR. This includes items such as e-mail storage space assigned, password or other identity management requirements, and user permissions granted. Responsible for providing the required user information in the proper format to the specified Government activity in order to update the global Marine Corps directory with current e-mail addresses.
- Provide user help desk support and desk-side support. Users may request support in person, by telephone, or by e-mail or user entry into a help desk system. Resolution of problems may require visits to user office spaces within MCU facilities at Quantico, VA. Users shall have access to all desktop computing functions at least 98% of the time, excluding down time for reasons outside the control of the technician. The technician will use a Government-provided automated tracking system to log all help desk requests, generate trouble tickets, record resolution actions and time, and provide status to the Government within the monthly status report (MSR). 96% of help desk requests should be resolved within one business day of receipt. For those that cannot be resolved in this time, the technician will notify the user of the expected time of resolution and keep the user informed of progress toward resolution.
- Learning Management System (LMS) Support to include
- Establish student and instructor accounts within the LMS.
- Provide Tier II technical assistance for IET Help desk with regard to all LMS related trouble calls.
- Issue trouble tickets to the LMS provider for any issues that need to be handled or corrected outside of existing local capability.
- Coordinate downtime for any bug fixes or upgrades that need to be run by LMS provider technical support on the MCU LMS instance.
- US Citizenship is a requirement of this position in accordance with 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a)(2)(C)
- 6 months + of demonstrated help desk experience, willing to speak with driven entry level candiates with a passion for IT, troublshooting technical issues and customer service.
- DoD Secret Clearance, willing to speak with folks who have an Interim Secret.
- Dod 8570 IAT Level II compliance is required at hire (Such as CompTIA Security+ CE, with enrollment in the Continuing Education (CE) program).
- Experience with administration of either Google Apps for Government (GAFG) or BlackBoard desired; with regards to account creation/deactivation and Tier I support.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Possible use of Remedy software (location dependent)
- Demonstrated leadership, excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong team player; self-assured, confident, and goal-oriented.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities and delegate effectively.
- Ability to solve problems and translate policies into daily routine operations
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Excellent understanding of the organization's goals and objectives.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Technology industry.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, this position requires the ability to sit for potentially long periods of time throughout the workday. Hearing sufficient to understand conversations, both in person and on the telephone. Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle other computer components for potentially long periods of time without experiencing abnormal hand, wrist, or eye strain.
- Work Environment: Includes a typical office environment, with minimal exposure to excessive noise or adverse environmental issues, including exposure to heat, cold, inclement weather conditions, and occasional environmental hazards. Local, regional, and national travel may be required.
Medical, Dental, Vision Plan
AD&D and Life Insurance
Paid Federal Holidays
Paid Time Off
401(k) Retirement Plan
View More Careers at EPSILON
Follow us on: LinkedIn | Twitter | google+
Epsilon is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. EEO/AA: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Vets.
Please click here to review your rights under EEO policy.
If you are an individual with a disability and need special assistance or reasonable accommodation in applying for employment with Epsilon, Inc., please contact our Recruiting department by phone 828-398-5414 or by email email@example.com.