Job Title Help Desk Technician
Duration 12 months
Location Plano Texas 75074
- The Help Desk Technician will be responsible for providing overall Level One technical assistance and support related to computer systems, hardware, and software, to end-users via phone, remote access, and desk side support. Under supervision of the Director of Information Technology, the Technician will respond to queries, isolate problems, and determine and implement solutions. The candidate must have the ability to resolve end user problems quickly. The candidate must have excellent communications skills (both verbal and written), must manage time effectively and have strong organizational skills. The candidate must also have the ability and judgment to escalate support requests if necessary, as part of the Information Technology team
Major functions: Essential Functions:
- Evaluate and prioritize incoming phone and email requests for assistance.
- Respond to queries either in person, over the phone, or via remote access.
- Operate and utilize the trouble ticket system, which will provide incident and problem management for issues related to computer systems (software and hardware).
- Install, modify, and repair computer hardware/software, which includes the set- up of new equipment to include maintenance of all existing work stations and inventory.
- Be familiar with industry diagnostic tools that will aid in troubleshooting problems.
- Create/update documentation of Standard Operation Procedures for the IT Department which includes interdepartmental and instructional information for employees.
- Other duties as assigned.