Market Rate (please inquire)
Contract to Hire
This position is part of the Service Desk Operations team to support documenting, troubleshooting, resolving, and prioritizing incoming service desk requests; will provide end users with technical support of company computers, applications, printers, telephones, and other related technologies. The incumbent in this position will be able to research and resolve difficult and complex problems.
Service Desk hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Pacific Time. After-hours and weekend support are on a rotating shift within the team.
- First line of support for incoming service desk requests, triage issues and assign tickets to appropriate resource.
- Responsible for resolving complex hardware/software/network problems reported to the Service Desk by phone, e-mail, or in person.
- Identify support request trends and develop preventative solutions.
- Follow standard service desk operating procedures to accurately log all requests using our in-house tracking system. Monitor and document status of request until its resolution.
- Build rapport with and elicit problem details from service desk customers.
- Escalate all unresolved issues to IT Support Analyst or Service Desk Manager.
- Work closely with other members of the IT Department to resolve a wide range of simple to complex technical problems, including VPN, Wi-Fi, mobile devices, etc.
- Provide support for Microsoft productivity applications and operating systems, as well as other lines of business software as assigned.
- Manage Active Directory user accounts and Exchange Mailboxes, including group provisioning and password resets.
- Responsible for imaging, configuration, and deployment of new workstations, including printers, telephones, and mobile devices.
- Assist with aspects of hardware lifecycle: deployment, maintenance, and retirement.
- Assist with software licensing management.
- Coordinate with vendors, including printer/photocopier support technicians, off-site data-storage delivery people, etc.
- Assist with conference room setup and management, including video\teleconferencing equipment, projectors, and miscellaneous AV equipment.
- Participate in the on-call rotation that includes off-hours, onsite visits or remote troubleshooting
- Support the organization in maintaining a work environment focused on quality and that fosters learning, respect, open communication, collaboration, integration, and team work.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in a service desk environment, preferably in the biopharmaceutical/pharmaceutical industries for the service desk technician III. The senior service desk technician will have a degree in computer science or related field, with at least 3 years' experience.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and a customer-friendly attitude. Must be comfortable supporting employees at all levels of the organization.
- Must possess the aptitude to identify and resolve problems in an efficient and timely manner, as well as triage and escalate issues to management appropriately.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills; ability to work independently and efficiently with minimal supervision.
- Proactive team player who gets along easily with others and enjoys collaborating.
- Expertise in PC hardware troubleshooting.
- Expertise in Windows Operating Systems and MS Office (MAC OS a plus).
- Experience using a disk imaging system for the rapid and uniform deployment of new systems.
- Familiarity with basic networking principles, including TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, WIFI.
- Personal attributes include:
- Dependable and reliable
- Professional demeanor
- Able to adapt to changing priorities and needs