nTech Solutions, a leader in the recruitment of professionals, has multiple openings available for Help Desk Specialists in the Alexandria, VA area.
Terms of Employment
● W2 Contract: 3 Months
o Multiple Extensions are expected (long term need)
o Permanent Conversion is possible
● nTech Benefits Snapshot
o Health, Dental, and Vision Coverage
o Short/Long Term Disability and Life Insurance
Hours & Shift
● The Help Desk is open daily from 5a to 10p; Candidates must be flexible in terms of shift availability
● Tentative Shift – Three (3) days during the week for 8-hour shift between 5a to 10p, plus Saturday & Sunday (most likely from 12:30p to 9p)
● Recently Hired Candidate Shifts:
o Tues, Thur, Fri 10:30a-7p, Sat & Sun 12:30-9p
o Tues, Wed, Thur 5:30a-2p; Sat & Sun 7:30a-4p
Scope of Position / Hiring Manager Notes
● Provides 100% phone support in a Tier 1 capacity – according to the Hiring Manager, this person should be “someone comfortable being at the Help Desk for 8 hours each day.”
● From the Hiring Manager: “This is someone who has taken their own personal computer apart and know the inner workings of it and knows how to remotely troubleshoot. Should be able to answer basic questions surrounding Command Line prompts involving PING or IP CONFIG.”
● Diagnoses inquiries and work requests related to desktops, laptops, and custom apps/systems.
● Provides end-user software troubleshooting and support to internal and external users/customers.
● Applies diagnostic techniques to identify problems, investigate root cause analyses and recommend solutions using Remedy IT Service Management Suite.
● Provides troubleshooting/support for over 200 customized applications supporting over 10,000 users.
● Assists in the administration of remote user workstations and resolution of remote connectivity issues.
● Provides help desk and email support for local and off-site users.
● Maintains current knowledge of the Windows 7 and 10 desktop environment, networking, access technologies, and applications supporting end users.
● Installs, configures and upgrades computer hardware and software.