Help Desk Technician
Contract To Hire
- Patience and ability to deliver excellent customer service.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Includes excellent telephone etiquette.
- Strong organizational skills. Able to clearly document a situation or problem within ticket software.
- Ability to apply active listening skills and probing techniques to understand the nature of the incident/request.
- Willingness to seek assistance when needed.
- Ability to perform under pressure in a fast pace environment.
Technical Ability - Knowledge of approaches, tools and techniques for anticipating, recognizing, and resolving technical (hardware, software, application or operational) issues.
- Ability to differentiate application problems from PC/hardware and/or network problems.
- Fundamental knowledge of Windows Operating Systems and Microsoft Suite of applications.
- Experience with Windows Registry, ini files, and Control Panel Settings.
- Experience with PC hardware troubleshooting and repair.
- Experience with TCP/IP, internet, LAN/WAN, wireless technology, and audio/video systems.
- Experience with ticketing system (Service Now).
- Ability to adhere to KAR policies and procedures.
- Ability to work between the hours of 6:45AM and 7:15PM if needed. Regular hours 8AM-5PM or 9AM-6PM.
- Flexible schedule including participating in disaster recovery (4-5 times per year).
- Work overtime as needed.
Key Performance Indicators
- Achieve at least 85% first contact resolution for all incidents generated.
- Achieving Customer Satisfaction Survey score of 4.5 or above.
- Driven towards resolving issues on first contact.
- Quality standards, meet with supervisor monthly to measure performance.
- Accurate and timely response to customer requests, following guidelines defined in SOP.
- Solves problems without being asked.
- Generates ideas for improvement.
- Maintains relationships & copes effectively.
- Receives constructive feedback appropriately & positively.
- Take incoming calls; actively troubleshoot; reset passwords; create ticket & document all steps within the ticket.
- Monitor tickets for quality & timely updates; evaluate progress.
- Create, review and submit knowledge articles for various troubleshooting steps, or informational items.
- First point of contact for technical issues prior to escalating outside of the Service Desk.
Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.