OBXtek is seeking a Helpdesk/Deskside Support Technician/ Jr. Systems Administrator to handle the following tasks:
- Monitors and responds to technical control facility hardware and software problems
- Develops and maintains configurations for workstations, peripherals and cabling
- Supports hardware, software and/or network problem identification and resolution
- Configures, tests and evaluates hardware and software products to enhance information security
- Provides help desk receiving and response to requests for service
- Provides hardware maintenance support such as board replacement, comm and peripheral devices, cable switching, break/fix
- Optimizes system operation, resource utilization and LAN capacity
Must be a US Citizen
Must have a current security clearance at TS/SCI Level.
Immediate family members must also be US Citizens (immediate family is defined as Mother, Father, Brother, Sister, Spouse, Children, or co-habitant).
Must be at least IAT Level 1 certified: CompTIA A+, Net+ or CCNA-Security
- 4 years’ experience, 2 years with Associates degree
- Hands-on LAN and System Administration experience.
- Specialized experience in such areas as helpdesk phone contact, deskside and LAN support, some Windows administration, some Server administration, Help Desk, hardware maintenance, system and network optimization and capacity planning.
- Knowledgeable in data scopes, patch panels, modems, concentrators, and associated network management terminals and security software
Possesses Windows Desktop Administration skills
Possesses some Windows Server Administration skills a Plus
- Strong interpersonal skills and teamwork skills
- Experience with a SQL based database (Oracle, MS SQL, MySQL) a Plus
- Experience with Video Teleconferencing Centers (VTC) and/or Audio Video (AV) equipment a Plus
- Experienced with basic scripting (any language)