Canon Healthcare Optic Research Laboratory (HORL) in Cambridge, MA is collaborating with researchers at Massachusetts General Hospital and Brigham and Womens Hospital to develop new medical imaging and surgical robotics technologies. HORL is looking for an experienced, enthusiastic Human Factors Engineer (Engineer, Human Factors) to inform the development of physical and digital user interfaces of new, cutting edge medical devices.
- Leads HF research across multiple programs to understand users and use environments
- Collect and analyze user behavior and information on context of use through lab studies, field visits, ethnography, and surveys
- Work with outside vendors and consultants
- Incorporate best practices from human factors
- Develop hardware and software requirements for innovative user interfaces
- Support the documentation and organization of human factors activities needed to achieve 510(k) approval
- Develops and maintains an understanding of the latest information regarding usability/human factors engineering for medical devices
- Work with multi-disciplinary teams, including engineering, marketing, quality, legal, and manufacturing
- Educate colleagues about Human Factors Engineering and human-centered design process
Commonly used keywords: 'User Research', 'Generative', 'Formative', 'Summative', 'HE 75', 'IEC 62366'
- Bachelors degree in Human Factors Engineering or other appropriate field with a human factors concentration
- 3 years of demonstrated experience in Human Factors Engineering in the medical device industry
- Experience moderating user studies
- Experience writing Human Factors documentation appropriate for FDA submission
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Occasional travel for user studies, vendor visits, etc
About our Company - Canon U.S.A., Inc., is a leading provider of consumer, business-to-business, and industrial digital imaging solutions to the United States and to Latin America and the Caribbean markets. With approximately $36 billion in global revenue, its parent company, Canon Inc. (NYSE:CAJ), ranks third overall in U.S. patents granted in 2017 and is one of Fortune Magazine's World's Most Admired Companies in 2018. Canon U.S.A. is committed to the highest level of customer satisfaction and loyalty, providing 100 percent U.S.-based service and support for all of the products it distributes in the United States. Canon U.S.A. is dedicated to its Kyosei philosophy of social and environmental responsibility. In 2014, the Canon Americas Headquarters secured LEED® Gold certification, a recognition for the design, construction, operations and maintenance of high-performance green buildings. To keep apprised of the latest news from Canon U.S.A., sign up for the Company's RSS news feed by visiting www.usa.canon.com/rss and follow us on Twitter @CanonUSA. For media inquiries, please contact [email protected].
Based on weekly patent counts issued by United States Patent and Trademark Office. .
All referenced product names, and other marks, are trademarks of their respective owners. .
We are an EEO/AA employer. Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
If you are not reviewing this job posting on our Careers site https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/about/careers, we cannot guarantee the validity of this posting. For a list of our current postings, please visit us at https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/about/careers.
#CUSA #LI-AV1 #CBAV #DICE