Vector Talent is seeking a Human Factors Engineer to support our client in Washington, DC.
The applicant will be responsible for the design of computer Graphical User Interfaces and equipment human interface design. The applicant will be responsible for coordinating the development of requirements, creation of designs, writing HFE/HSI plans and processes, and writing design documents.
Strong communication skills are essential for the applicant to interface with subcontractors, the customer, and other GST engineers. The applicant needs to be a highly motivated team player and should have 3 to 5 years of human factors work experience in a range of projects. GUI design experience is required.
The applicant should be familiar with some or all of the following documents: Windows User Experience Style Guide, MIL-STD-1472, DEF-STAN-0025, ANSI/OSHA/ISO standards, MANPRINT, MIL-HDBK-46855. Travel may be required
- Review equipment and system specifications for HFE and requirements content.
- Apply HFE / GUI standards, processes and contractual requirements to the equipment and system design.
- Prototyping and implementation of GUI designs, and input to hardware designs.
- Perform HFE evaluations and OI evaluations.
- Make presentations of HFE requirements and designs at design review meetings.