ITW (NYSE: ITW) is a Fortune 200 global multi-industrial manufacturing leader with revenues totaling $14.1 billion in 2019. The company’s seven industry-leading segments leverage the unique ITW Business Model to drive solid growth with best-in-class margins and returns in markets where highly innovative, customer-focused solutions are required. ITW’s approximately 45,000 dedicated colleagues around the world thrive in the company’s decentralized and entrepreneurial culture.
LOMA Systems, an ITW Company, is the world's leading engineering and manufacturing company specializing in metal detection, X-ray inspection, checkweighers, combination systems and more for the pharmaceutical, packaging and food industries - all Designed to Survive®
Just about any product you will have bought in a supermarket has to be checked to ensure it is free from contamination (i.e. metal, glass, stone, plastic) and is to the quality intended. LOMA Systems’ equipment is installed in many food production facilities around the world to protect us as consumers. You will get exposure to an industry you did not even know existed!Job description
The Human Resources Coordinator provides support to the Human Resources Manager and the Loma North America business at the Carol Stream Headquarters. This role is responsible for day-to-day administrative support in all areas of human resources including payroll administration, new hire onboarding, record keeping, performance management, employee engagement, recruitment, safety and general office activities. The HR Coordinator role is a hands-on and a collaborative role, that requires great attention to detail and high level of confidentiality.
- Manage the bi-weekly payroll and time keeping for the US and Canada employee population through ADP & Ceridian Dayforce. Follow up on and resolve payroll discrepancies.
- Lead the full-cycle recruitment for all non-exempt and non-management exempt positions. Review resumes, conduct initial phone screenings, schedule meetings and interviews as well as facilitate all other related recruitment activities to ensure a smooth interview process for all candidates and applicants.
- Lead all new hire pre-boarding and on-boarding activities. Create welcome letters, schedule compliance trainings, assign hiring manager tasks, conduct new employee orientations, manage all new hire paperwork, enrollment deadlines as well as complete and verify I-9 documentation.
- Assist with workers compensation claims, leaves of absence and employee grievances.
- Maintain employee HR files in an organized, secure and confidential manner. This includes entries and changes to the Workday HRIS system, Manulife, and other employee record management systems.
- Answer routine employee questions and inquiries related to wellness, benefits, payroll, policies, leaves and other HR related inquiries. Refer more complex questions to the Human Resources Manager.
- Maintain and support organizational Health & Safety activities as they relate to employee training, safety guidelines and procedures.
- Keep employee bulletin boards current, post memos and employee events, loss prevention materials, etc.
- Collect and manage required information for the Contractor Management websites (OSHA statistics, site tracker, signed documentation, insurance information, GMP, etc.).
- Monitor the Loma insurance mailbox daily and promptly respond to customer and 3rd party contractor insurance requests.
- Participate and/or lead HR improvement projects and initiatives such as ad-hoc reporting, employee engagement, wellness, community involvement and performance management.
- Oversee general office maintenance. Inventory office and kitchen supplies on a regular basis, submit purchase requests, manage facility inspections and schedule repairs when needed.
- Maintain knowledge of legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions. Ensure policies, procedures and reporting are in compliance.
- In addition to the duties listed above, the position holder must carry out tasks assigned by their supervisor that are essentially related to their duties.