LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2021, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the 'World's Most Admired Companies' for the fourth consecutive year.
As a member of SCADA/I&E team, the Instrument and Electrical Engineer will provide technical support of instrumentation, control valves, PLCs, control systems (SCADA), low voltage electrical and other supporting equipment to pipeline area engineers, I&E technicians, maintenance and operations. This includes support of reliability improvements, expense, and capital projects. Candidate will work closely with Process Engineering, Operations, Capital Project, and Maintenance personnel in the execution of these duties.
* Applies data analysis techniques to develop engineering solutions to repetitive failures and other problems that adversely affect pipeline operations including capacity, quality, cost, and regulatory compliance issues
* Develops and maintain Preventive (PM) and Predictive (PdM) Maintenance Plans and associated maintenance procedures or work instructions
* Supports development of obsolescence and Long-Range Plans, which includes identification of Bad Actor equipment and development of mitigation plans (i.e. PLC upgrades, SIS, etc.)
* Supports Capital project organization in developing scope, participate in detailed design, and testing and execution phases of projects
* Enforces application of corporate, industry, and company standards and procedures
* Maintains awareness of emerging technology, assessing applicability to improve reliability and performance, or to reduce maintenance cost
* Leads / Participates in formal and informal incident investigation teams as required
* Provides technical support to crafts and operations on technical requirements and issues with pipeline instrument and electrical systems as well as control systems (SCADA)
* Ensures Data Management Systems are updated accordingly (i.e. SAP, Documentum, Instrument Spec Sheets, Controlled Drawings and Documents)
* Mentors Co-op Engineering students and participate in the on-boarding process
* Creates Management of Change documents and lead evaluations for I&E Reliability initiatives
* Supports the maintenance and operation of the control system (SCADA) database and HMI
* Provides support and maintenance of Aspen plant historian (IP21)
* B.S. in Electrical Engineering or applicable technical degree
* Technical expertise of Instrumentation, Electrical Systems, Control Systems and associated equipment
* Minimum of 6 years' experience with Instrumentation and Electrical Systems
* Preferred experience with Aviva OaSys SCADA system, Emerson Delta-V (DCS), Allen-Bradley (DCS), and Schneider Electric Modicon PLCs
* Advanced level of interpersonal capability to provide timely and effective problem solving
* Strong customer focus in order to understand priorities and ensure key business objectives are met in Safety, Reliability, and Maintenance Discipline
* Experience using Microsoft Office programs (i.e., Word, Excel, Power Point)
* Commitment to GoalZERO Safety vision
* Good verbal and written communication skills
* Good leadership and organizational skills
* Self-motivation and high initiative
Builds effective teamsCollaboratesCultivates innovationCustomer focusDemonstrates courageDrives resultsEnsures accountabilityInstills trust and exemplifies integrity
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston