LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world's largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500. LyondellBasell (www.lyondellbasell.com) manufactures products at 55 sites in 17 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including; packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.Basic Function
The I/E/A/Controls Engineer at LyondellBasell's high density polyethylene (HDPE) chemical manufacturing site located in Victoria, TX has the responsibility to maintain, support and improve the plant instrumentation systems, electrical systems, basic regulatory and advanced process control applications, control system hardware, networks and safety instrumented systems so that the maximum benefits are obtained under changing process requirements and the maximum value is derived from these systems. The engineer in this role will identify opportunities and develop programs to improve the reliability of plant equipment in their area of responsibility, reduce operational costs, and to provide technical support.
This includes providing project management and engineering support to various plant capital and expense projects to maintain, support and improve the plant instrumentation systems, electrical systems, basic regulatory and advanced process control applications, control system hardware, networks and safety instrumented systems. The Plant Engineer is responsible to ensure that the project is installed in a safe and environmentally sound manner, networking with all stakeholders in scope development and communication to all groups, when projects affect their work or area of responsibility.Roles & Responsibilities
- Provide the future vision of the Process Control Network, DCS, Safety Instrumented Systems, PLC's, Data Acquisition and Analysis Systems, Advanced and Regulatory Control Applications, Electrical Systems and Components and Instrument Systems and Components. Apply new technology where appropriate to improve performance of the facility.
- Serve as the site project engineer, including those involving the SIS, DCS, PLC's, Process Control Network, instrumentation, electrical systems, etc.
- Maintain site safety and maintenance procedures related to controls/safety systems, and electrical systems and instrumentation systems.
- Ensure adequate spare parts are set-up with Materials Management and maintenance agreements are in place for control/safety systems, electrical systems and instrumentation systems and are effective.
- Lead formal investigation teams and perform informal investigations to determine root causes of incidents related to control/safety systems, electrical systems and instrumentation systems.
- Provide discipline support for plant and project PHA's.
- Provide goal/project support as lead/project engineer for corporate technical groups in supporting initiatives as necessary as team 'Core Member' or 'Extended Member' as a site representative for groups within their discipline.
Control Systems, Safety Instrumented Systems and Process Control
- Provide technical support for the Safety Instrumented Systems, DCS, Process Control Network, Data Acquisition and Monitoring Systems, Advanced Process Control applications and Regulatory Controls.
- Serve as site representative to corporate technical groups in supporting initiatives such as control loop performance monitoring, alarm management and safety systems. Serve as Champion for Alarm Management and Controller Performance.
- Act as site Safety Instrumented System champion/subject matter expert.
- Serve as system administrator for the Process Control Network and various Control Systems at the site.
- Provides system level management and application programming expertise for the various process control systems utilized at the site.
- Ensure process control strategies are consistent with site and enterprise objectives, including being consistent with site safety objectives, environmental compliance requirements, quality targets, and minimizing cost.
Instrumentation and Electrical Systems
- Provide technical support for the site instrumentation systems, electrical equipment, and technicians as it relates to installing, maintaining, and repairing system components.
- Provide technical support to the maintenance supervisor and site planner in scoping work and specifying equipment for the instrumentation and electrical systems and equipment.
- Serve as site representative to corporate technical groups in supporting initiatives related to instrumentation and electrical systems.
- Serve as system administrator and site champion for the Asset Management System for site instrumentation.
- Update site SKM power study, arc flash analysis and related procedures.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum of 6 years of relevant job experience in the chemical, petrochemical, or refining industries.
- Working knowledge of NEC, ISA, and IEEE standards.
- Microsoft technology including Windows Server, and Desktop operating systems, SQL Server, network configuration/administration, TCP/IP
- Knowledge of Foxboro I/A DCS, Triconex TMR safety PLC, and Allen Bradley PLC's.
- Knowledge of Aspen DMCPlus, Aspen InfoPlus/21, Aspen IQ, and PSS Alarm Management applications.
- Knowledge of Emerson AMS, Rosemount and Micro Motion instrumention and Valtek and Masoneilan control valves.
- Knowledge of Siemens GC's and Detronics Gas Detection systems
- Captial and small plant project management experience
- Knowledge of SKM Power Tools and GE and Allen Bradley power distribution equipment.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and SAP
- Basic/Advanced troubleshooting techiques.
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Victoria