LyondellBasell's Bayport Complex is a group of manufacturing facilities located 25 miles south of downtown Houston in the Bayport Industrial District in Harris County adjacent to both La Porte and Pasadena, Texas. The complex consists of three manufacturing sites that produce polypropylene, propylene oxide, tertiary butyl alcohol, ethylene oxide, and derivatives. The complex comprises over 1100 employees and contractors, encompasses an area over 800 acres, and manufactures over 8 billion pounds a year of products.
The Bayport I&E Reliability Engineer is experienced and knowledgeable in the design and maintenance of instrumentation, control Systems, and low voltage electrical systems. The role is part of the Bayport Reliability Group supporting continuous reliability and plant performance improvement at the PO/TBA manufacturing site. Working in a team environment, it carries responsibility for implementing reliability best practices, developing and optimizing preventive maintenance tasks, and supporting maintenance activities. The position interacts with other technical groups on site (process engineering, capital project, and maintenance groups), corporate technical networks and peers, and vendors/suppliers as needed to resolve problems and improve plant safety and reliability performance. This is a direct hire position with competitive base salary, bonus, 401K matching, generous benefits package, pension plan, and employee discounts. Relocation is available.
- Apply data analysis techniques to develop engineering solutions to repetitive failures and other problems that adversely affect plant operations including capacity, quality, cost, and regulatory compliance issues
- Consult with peers at the site and across the company
- Serve as a resource and conduit to share best practices and leverage operating improvement opportunities across the site and company
- Provide technical support/expertise within your discipline in the design and installation stages of projects for new assets and modification of existing assets to minimize life cycle cost and maximize asset availability
- Participate in the development of criteria for and the evaluation of equipment and technical service providers.
- Maintain awareness of emerging technology, assessing applicability to improve reliability and performance, or to reduce maintenance cost
- Lead and participate in incident investigations and root cause analysis
- Manage risk to the achievement of an organization's strategic objectives in the areas of environmental health and safety, asset capability, quality, and production
- Provide input to a risk management plan that will anticipate risks that could adversely impact plant operations
- Systematically define, design, develop, monitor, and refine an asset maintenance plan that includes:
- Value-added preventive maintenance tasks
- Effective utilization of predictive condition monitoring and other non-destructive testing methodologies to proactively identify potential reliability issues
- Apply value analysis to repair/replace/redesign decisions
- Provide technical support to production, maintenance, project, and process engineering groups
- Lead interdisciplinary reliability improvement teams to guide efforts to ensure reliability and maintainability of equipment, processes, utilities, controls and safety systems.
- Maintain Safety Instrumented Systems that meet availability requirements by translating Process Hazard Analysis requirements into technical design specifications and preventive/predictive maintenance plans.
- A Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or other applicable discipline from an accredited university
- 6 years minimum relevant experience in instrumentation and electrical systems design, installation, and maintenance in the refining, petrochemical, chemical process, or power generation industries
- Ability to drive continuous safety and reliability improvements in equipment installations and work processes
- Ability to manage multiple/changing priorities
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing with internal and external clients
- Strong commitment to safety, a high level of personal integrity, and dedication to conducting business in an ethical way
- Basic proficiency in the following areas with the ability to develop into a subject matter expert in particular areas:
- Knowledge of industry codes and standards (i.e. IEEE, ISA, NFPA, NEC)
- Instrumentation and measurement technology
- Low voltage power distribution and controls
- Safety Instrumented System specification, design, and implementation
- PLC maintenance and programming
- Analyzers and sample systems
- Failure analysis
- Reliability Engineering
- Reliability data analysis
- RCM based Predictive and Preventive Maintenance strategies
- Ability to apply computer software tools (SAP, Microsoft Office, Meridium, ExSILentia)
LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world's largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500. LyondellBasell (www.lyondellbasell.com) manufactures products at 55 sites in 17 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including; packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.