Interactive Business Systems has partnered with a Cincinnati company to locate an IBM MDM Data architect for a full-time position. Responsibilities:
- Defines overall MDM solution architecture and sets technical direction, defines component architecture, reviews detailed designs for accuracy and overall compliance to defined architecture.
- Reviews Deliverables and oversees Macro and Micro Design components
- Verify design of overall Infrastructure and support the build of the environments
- Confirmation and Identification of Non-Functional Requirements
- Reviews Data Mapping impacts with technical point of view
- Works with Product Specialist, MDM Services Lead for Transaction turnaround & Transaction optimization approaches if necessary (including Extensions & Additions, Lightweights, etc. optimization oversight)
- Works with DBA and Software Lab on Coordination of Database Optimization Analyze impact of future topology changes in the client environment internal and external
- Work with key business and IT stakeholders to create and then own the Master Data Management architecture and contribute to the overall data architecture roadmap that aligns to the enterprise data strategy
- Act as the Data & MI data architecture representative for the domain to ensure there is clear ownership and communication regarding architecture decisions to the stakeholders, design and approval forums and the Data & MI leadership team
- Work with stakeholders, PM’s and BA’s to understand Master Data Management requirements (functional and non-functional), benefits, estimates and costs.
- Produce MDM architecture designs in the form of High-level solution designs and blueprints, highlighting business processes, match & merge rules, data quality, cleanse and standardization procedures, MDM patterns & principles, risks & assumptions and stewardship processes & engagement.
- Define and Manage the data model that supports Master Data within IRM including understanding what and where data is mastered.
- Define and Manage any non-functional requirements regarding infrastructure specific to MDM, sizing of databases, storage, processing, network, licensing, security and working with IT Operations colleagues to implement changes.
- Define and implement Master Data Management best practices and ensure compliance through oversight and design and development reviews.
Review As-is environment for customer master data processes.
Identify data quality gaps based on SME discussions
Development of new enhancement within existing MDM implementation using MDM features such as Extension, Additions and Business proxies, rule, Services etc. Including IBM Stewardship Center.
Design and develop Unit Testing Cases of new releases of SW components within the MDM repository.
Provides the design approach and parameters for systems in the MDM eco-system – search, data quality tool, portal, workflow, etc.