LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world's largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500. LyondellBasell (www.lyondellbasell.com) manufactures products at 55 sites in 17 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including; packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.
This role supervises LYB IEA Engineers and Specialists supporting the Olefins and Hydrocarbons areas of the CVO complex and is responsible for achieving excellence in our reliability and maintenance programs. The team lead will complete assignments as directed by their supervisor which support site, department, and team goals.
This position is an excellent introduction to management and will provide developmental opportunities for the candidate toward future leadership roles in Reliability, Maintenance, Capital Projects, and Operations.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Provides coaching and supervision to the IEA Maintenance Engineers / Specialists in their area of responsibility
- Responsible for driving consistency in the IEA discipline across the site, and is considered a focal point for IEA equipment issues in their area of responsibility
- Assigns unit responsibilities to both Engineers and Specialists and supports their efforts for routine, outage, turnaround, program work, and OE / PSM activities (PHAs, MOCs, etc.)
- Manages timely completion of team member assigned action items and/or defined data submissions; participates in review and extension meetings
- Directs team involvement in identification of improvement opportunities then manages the work scope and supports implementation
- Improves group performance through implementation of work process and system enhancements.
- Coordinates with corporate personnel at Global Engineering & Turnaround (GE&T) to ensure group alignment with LYB direction
- Coordinates periodic dialogues with Engineering, Maintenance, and Operations to discuss IEA issues in their assigned areas
- Ensures team members, other employees and contractors comply with safety policies and procedures to achieve GoalZERO
- Facilitates team member development of and completion of Performance Appraisal Documents (PAD) and Individual Development Plans (IDP)
- Participates in STI and Merit increase determinations for team members
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or closely related discipline
- A minimum of 6 years relevant experience, 10 years or more preferred
- Aptitude for leadership with the ability and willingness to coach, develop, and hold others accountable
- The individual must have or develop a strong knowledge of IEA Equipment failure mechanisms relevant to Channelview operating units
Builds effective teams:
Instills trust and exemplifies integrity:
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston