JOB SUMMARY-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/DUTIES:
- Software development for real-time acquisition and control systems using C and C++ languages.
- Troubleshooting designs and resolving highly technical problems using engineering best practices.
- Testing integrated systems with electronic test equipment (multi-meters, oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, etc.).
- Performing filed installations and providing engineering support to bring systems to operational status.
- Providing customer support for fielded products.
- Coordinate and work closely with other engineering, logistics, financial, and program management disciplines to define systems specifications and requirements.
- Direct interface and liaison with customers at all levels from quotation to final design and test activities, design reviews and technical working group meetings to comply with requirements and specifications.
- Participating in specification development and system design of microprocessor-based instrumentation.
- Authoring user manuals and providing training to personnel responsible for operating fielded product.
- Perform other related duties and assignments as directed.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s Degree in Electronic Engineering Technology or closely related field. Experience using QNX or similar Real-Time Operating Systems (RTOS). Experience with troubleshooting and analysis of serial communication networks (RS-232 and RS_422). Familiarity with Local Area Network (LAN) design and implementation. Familiarity with Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) Design. Holds an active Department of Defense TS/SSBI Security Clearance.
WORKING CONDITIONS: This position involves work typical of an office environment with no unusual hazards. There is occasional lifting to 20 pounds. Constant sitting with occasional use of computer terminal, constant use of sight abilities while reviewing documents, constant use of speech/hearing abilities for communication, and constant mental alertness. Routine travel to remote company work locations may be required.
REQUIREMENTS-EDUCATION, TECHNICAL AND WORK EXPERIENCE: Associates Degree in Engineering or other technical discipline or formal academic/vocational/military training and a minimum of 4 years experience for a Field Engineer I and a minimum of 7 years of experience for a Field Engineer II in the specialty field. Familiarity with embedded software development using C or C++ programming languages. 1-2 years experience using electronic test equipment (oscilloscopes, protocol analyzers, logic analyzers, etc). The position may require the ability to investigate, troubleshoot, and design solutions to problems in operational hardware and software. Broad knowledge of concepts, principles, and practices of engineering that enables employee to perform as a technical contributor on complex projects or programs. Excellent communications and analytical skills; working knowledge of computer systems and integrated software application programs. Must qualify for and maintain a security clearance and possess a current, valid state issued driver’s license.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of al responsibilities, duties, and skills required of persons so classified.