Hargray's mission is to envision and deliver customer delight!
At Hargray Communications we are looking for people to join our Engineering team who are extremely detail-oriented and extraordinarily passionate. We thrive on designing simple and scalable solutions to complex problems and delivering leading-edge technology to our customers.
We are looking for exceptionally ambitious and communicative hands-on Leader who is comfortable working with ever-changing processes and procedures as part of a cross-functional team, have experience working in fast-paced environments, and who have the passion, skills, and dedication to take our network to the next level.
If you like well-defined product sets, answers that can be found quickly, predictability and working in silos, Hargray is not for you. If you want to work for a company that uses the latest technology to manage our diverse platforms and support operational success and fosters an environment where innovative solutions are the key to driving our vision, you might be a great fit for Hargray. We are a customer service-oriented, dynamic company seeking applicants that are strong communicators, enjoy working in face-paced, challenging environments where time flies as you juggle multiple competing priorities.
In this role, you would be leading the design and maintenance of Hargray Communications’ network infrastructure using the latest technologies. Acting as the primary security-engineering leader by incorporating security considerations and technologies into all service provider and corporate technology solutions. You will be developing internal processes for the deployment of these technologies while providing leadership to our technical staff. Works in a team environment to develop and manage our Video, Voice, WiFi, DSL Data Network and Managed Services engineering focusing on reliability, performance and security.
We are open to hiring the right talent in any of SC or GA locations of Hargray.
Duties & Responsibilities: Including but not limited to the following.
- Demonstrates the ability to manage complicated technical projects including timelines, costs, resources and vendor relationships.
- Provides advanced technical and operational escalation support to the Operations staff on network elements, internal processes, training requirements, vendor support, and security and network design and planning.
- Provides leadership and technical direction on cybersecurity for both our Service Provider and Corporate networks
- Provides senior-level project management and capital management duties.
- Manages vendor relations and product evaluations provide costs analysis and feasibility studies for various projects and proposed network designs.
- Identifies operational and design issues through data analysis and recommends solutions to make networks more efficient.
- Monitors network performance and perform capacity planning to ensure optimal performance of network resources.
- Works with our internal technical, sales and support groups to provide a reliable and secure network infrastructure used to deliver telecommunications services including voice, video, WiFi, IT managed services and high-speed data and achieving world-class service standards on our service delivery platform.
- Applies strong knowledge of data communications principles, architectures, and protocols including TCP/IP, routing, switching, WAN, and Ethernet technologies to design and implement efficient network configurations.
- Research emerging technologies as a member of a task force or independently and makes appropriate recommendations to improve network performance, security, and reliability.
- Performs other related duties as assigned to ensure the effective operation of the department.
Minimum Qualifications: Only candidates who meet minimum qualifications will be considered.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 6 - 10 years of IP Network design and/or management experience
- 5+ years of cybersecurity and risk management best practices experience along with security certifications such as CISSP, CISM, and GSLC
- Working knowledge and experience in layer 3 routing protocols: RIPv2, OSPF or IS-IS, and BGP
- Specific knowledge of Juniper and/or Cisco routers, especially the Juniper MX, EX, and SRX platforms is preferred.
- Juniper/Cisco certifications such as CCNA
- Broad knowledge of Juniper and Cisco configurations and command line interface.
- Working knowledge of WiFi standards including 802.11x protocols and capabilities
- Experience with data center design and wireless design standards such as BICSI (Building Industry Consulting International)
- Experience in establishing and managing a geographically distributed workforce of varying sizes and disciplines
- Advanced knowledge of the router, switch, firewall, unified telecom systems, storage and virtualization technologies (VMWare) utilized in providing small business IT Managed Services offerings
- Advanced knowledge of TCP/IP, Ethernet technologies, IP routing, and routing protocols, multicast, Unix/Linux systems, network security technologies, and carrier network architectures
- Knowledge of telecom standards such as MEF, DOCSIS, ADSL, GPON, DSL Forum
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks/projects as well as leading departmental initiatives.
Additional Qualifications Desired:
- Working knowledge of IP and RF video distribution architectures
- Working knowledge of SIP, MGCP or H.323 VoIP protocols