IR & Forensic Cyber Security Analyst Summary:
Signature Consultants is seeking a Cyber Security Analyst to work on a contract position with one of our clients located in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Organizations are constantly under attack by sophisticated cyber adversaries that range from nation states to organized criminal activity. In response, the Cyber Security Operations Center (CSOC) is charged with ensuring all customers are secure against all tiers of adversaries. We are on the front lines of security defense e.g. incident response, threat hunting, and intelligence. As a part of our team you'll be working with emerging technologies to solve challenging security problems in a fast-paced and continuously evolving environment. This highly visible team within the organization evaluates threats to the environment and dynamically adjusts to the ever-changing threat landscape by applying practical security knowledge by developing new detective measures to protect our customers.
- Serve as a primary member of the Cyber Security Operations Center (CSOC) who handles security events and incidents daily in a fast-paced environment
- Performs Incident handling duties which can be minor or major security incidents within the defined Computer Security Incident Response process
- This position embodies Cyber Network Defense and a successful Cyber Security Analyst will be able to quickly analyze threats, understand the risk it may pose, deploy effective countermeasures, make business critical incident response decisions, and work as part of a team of individuals dedicated to protecting clients.
- Maintains situational awareness for cyber threats across multiple clients and take action where necessary
- Countermeasure deployment across various technologies
- Malware and exploit analysis
- Intrusion monitoring and response
- Assessing alerts and notifications of event activity from our SIEM platform, and intrusion detection systems by responding accordingly to the threat
- Continuing content development of threat detection and prevention systems
- Data analysis and threat research by maintaining knowledge of security principles and best practices. Must remain abreast of emerging threats and trends
- Assists teams in various security and privacy risk mitigation efforts; including incident response
- Leads or participates in information security related projects or in managing strategy
- Conduct forensic investigations for HR, Legal, or incident response related activities
- Develop new forensic detective and investigative capabilities using current technical solutions
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, MIS, or related degree and a minimum of:
- 3 years of related experience in Information Security or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience
- 2 years in conducting Cyber Network Defense and a minimum of three (3) years of experience with incident response methodologies, malware analysis, penetration testing, scripting and/or forensics
- Systems administrator experience in Linux, Unix, Windows or OSX operating systems is desirable.
- Knowledge of networking and the common network protocols
- Demonstrated ability to create complex scripts, develop tools, or automate processes in PowerShell, Python or Bash
- One or more of the following certifications or the ability to obtain within 1 year preferred: CISSP: Certified Information Systems Security Professional; SANS: GCIH - Incident Handler; SANS: GCIA - Intrusion Analyst; SANS: ANY Intermediate & advanced certifications they offer; OSCP; OSCE
- Knowledge of vulnerabilities and a comfort in manipulating exploit code for analysis
- Demonstrated ability to perform static and dynamic malware analysis
- Demonstrated ability to analyze large data sets and identify anomalies
- Demonstrated ability to quickly create and deploy countermeasures under pressure
- Familiarity with common infrastructure systems that can be used as enforcement points
About Signature Consultants, LLC
Headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Signature Consultants was established in 1997 with a singular focus: to provide clients and consultants with superior staffing solutions. For the ninth consecutive year, Signature was voted as one of the 'Best Staffing Firms to Work For' and is now the 15th largest IT staffing firm in the United States (source: Staffing Industry Analysts). With 27 locations throughout North America, Signature annually deploys thousands of consultants to support, run, and manage their clients' technology needs. Signature offers IT staffing, consulting, managed solutions, and direct placement services. For more information on the company, please visit www.sigconsult.com.