Some of your day to day will include:
- Responsible for compliance according to established procedures for the transactions involving Individual Retirement Accounts and Health Savings Accounts.
- Ensure compliance with governmental regulations in handling account transactions and IRS reporting as well as servicing accounts for distribution, transfers and rollovers.
- Provide guidance, policies, and procedures for opening and maintaining IRAs and HSAs.
- Subject matter expert for IRA and HSA; required to keep up to date on industry news and responsible for product knowledge on current IRS and State rules.
- Establish and implement effective and efficient departmental work flow processes to ensure proper handling of member IRA and HSA paperwork and documentations.
- Associate's degree required, Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience dealing with IRAs with experience and working knowledge of complex IRA/HSA corrections, Inherited IRA, FDIC/NCUSIF guidelines and requirements including Trust Accounts
- In depth knowledge and experience in regulated environments, working with regulatory requirements and regulators, product concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Must be flexible and adjust to schedule and adapt to the changing needs of the department and credit union.