Title: IT Systems Engineer / Compliance Audit Technician
Duration: 6 months Contract
Location: Jacksonville, FL
IT Systems Engineer / Compliance Audit Technician is responsible for maturing the compliance audit program. The engineer/technician understands technical support, troubleshooting and able to perform scripting/programming to ensure stable and efficient operation of technology solutions. Familiarity with Windows and UNIX operating systems is needed along with an understanding of Firewalls, z/OS, and IDS/IPS.
Essential Job Functions
*Communicate with system owners and perform security documentation updates to meet annual audit requirements.
*Manage documentation and evidence repositories for access during audit events.
*Participate in discussions with all levels of leadership to articulate current state of the program.
*Perform assessments, remediation, implementation and integration of end-to-end solutions in these areas. Deliver advisory services focused on security compliance to IT management for external and internal systems.
*Evaluate and test controls in accordance with DISA, NIST STIGs
*Develop policies and procedures and ensures that the current procedures are updated with current information and available for review for compliance with DISA policies, procedures, and standards.
*Perform security vulnerability remediation and configuration activities by preparing security-related documentation for a 3rd-party review and assessment.
*Track, manage, and assist in the remediation of plans of actions and milestones.
*Provide supporting artifacts on a quarterly basis to external and internal management teams for IT Audits.
*Provide weekly and monthly status updates via dashboard and reports.
* May provide input into infrastructure architecture designs
* Writes programming/scripting
* Ensures execution and alignment to architectural standards and blueprints.
* May contribute input to infrastructure architecture
* Other duties as assigned
Minimum Job Requirements
* 4 or more years demonstrated proficiency and experience in design, implementation, monitoring and troubleshooting technology or equivalent combination of transferrable experience and education.
* Bachelor's degree in an IT related field or equivalent work experience
* Extensive working knowledge of multiple technologies and their interfaces and integration
* Competent working in one or more environments highly integrated with an operating system.
* Extensive experience implementing and administering/managing technical solutions in major, large-scale system implementations
* High critical thinking skills to evaluate alternatives and present solutions that are consistent with business objectives and strategy.
* Ability to manage tasks independently and take ownership of responsibilities
* Ability to learn from mistakes and apply constructive feedback to improve performance
* Ability to communicate technical information clearly and articulately
* Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
*Have the ability to lead resources and review deliverable in a timely manner.
*Project Management exposure
* Experience analyzing business requirements and translating them into technical solutions
* Experience using Agile methodology
*Experience performing IT controls testing based on DISA and/or NIST compliance..
*Have a deep understanding of multiple DISA STIGs as they relate to the desktop or server environment to include application compliance and auditing.
*Experience with patching and vulnerability remediation/tracking
*Experience with SCCM or related enterprise patch management solution.
*Experience with FISMA compliance and implementation of baseline controls.
*Experience with Tripwire IP360, Tenable Nessus, Nexpose or related scanning tools.
*Have experience in performing audit-related test work, preferably on general computer controls.