Responsible for installing, configuring and maintaining the enterprise IT architecture supporting federal programs in accordance with established standards, policies, procedures and configuration guidelines. Working closely with teammates, external consultants, and the participating businesses, this individual will develop, deploy, and maintain architecture solutions for projects. Documenting benefits and risks, implementation sequencing, technical design efforts, and facilitate technical change management during implementation.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Manage a hyperconverged infrastructure as well traditional infrastructures utilizing various storage arrays.
- Monitor and maintain remote geographically distributed hyperconverged VMware vSphere infrastructures utilizing vSAN.
- Manage VMware Horizon Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) deployments using Windows and POSIX instant clone desktops.
- Develop and implement DevOps practices and procedures for private and hybrid cloud infrastructure.
- Develop self-documenting SaaS and HaaS systems.
- Develop, implement, maintain automated CI/CD pipelines.
- Work with adjacent engineering teams and internal/external customers to translate requirements and objectives into final product designs.
- Resolve problems using internal and external groups, as needed, to correct trouble within the environment.
- Ability to obtain a public trust security clearance.
Master's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, IT Security or related field, and minimum 4 years related experience; or a Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, IT Security or related field, and minimum 6 years related experience; or a 2-year post-Secondary/Associates Degree and a minimum of 8 years of prior related experience; or a minimum of 15 years of related experience.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Strong understanding of Identity Management (IdM) utilizing SAML.
- Strong understanding of Public Key Infrastructure (PKI).
- Experience with Cisco UCS servers, UCS fabrics, NetApp, TrueNAS storage arrays.
- Experience working with VMware vSphere, and Horizon VDI.
- Experience working with RHEL, CentOS, FreeBSD, Debian and Microsoft Windows operating systems.
- Experience working with scripting and automation tools, such as Bash, PowerShell, Python, and Ansible
- Experience with vRealize Automation, Azure, and AWS.
- Experience with Disaster Recovery management and planning.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Professional certifications (Microsoft, RHEL, VMware, NetApp, Cisco, etc.