Here at Discount Tire, we celebrate the spirit of our people with extraordinary pride and enthusiasm. Our business has been growing for more than 60 years and now is the best time in our history to join us. We are opening more locations every year and we are always looking for qualified individuals to join us in our growth. We are a company that promotes from within, both in our retail and corporate operations.
The IT Asset Management Manager oversees the IT procurement and asset management program; ensuring that strategies optimize the total cost, value and quality of IT hardware, software and licenses. The position provides day to day oversight and supervision of department staff. Coordinates operational activities of the department including strategy, development and implementation; operating plans and budgets; value generation initiatives; policies, procedures, systems, and reporting. Has full authority for personnel actions. Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets. Builds and manages a high-performance team that will provide quality goods and services required by our customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promotes the Company Vision To be the BEST!
- Caring for and Cultivating People
- Delighting our Customers
- Growing Responsibly
- Drives Value to the Business
- Lives and shares The Dream and philosophies and assists others to realize their dream; connects employees to Company vision and purpose
- Participates in Asset Management's recruitment, hiring, training, employee development and performance management
- Provides direction and feedback on the day-to-day activities of employees
- Communicates clear job expectations, goals and development opportunities to Asset Management employees
- Prepares employee development plans; recommends appropriate action to upper management
- Conducts performance reviews
- Coaches and mentors Asset Management employees
- Serves as an escalation point for interpersonal and operational employee challenges
- Regularly meets with employees in a one-on-one setting
- Manages work schedules and performs time keeping activities
- Monitors and adjusts employee workloads
- Monitors department projects to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget and to agreed quality level
- Gathers, tracks and reports department attainment of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to upper management
- Ensures the highest level of Customer Delight by promoting and providing excellent customer service
- Ensures Company procedures are followed, including the tracking and publishing of metrics
- Works collaboratively across departments to identify and resolve risks, conflicts and challenges, recommends resolution and implementing process improvements
- Stays current on the latest industry technologies, trends, and strategies; brings forward solutions and serves as a Trusted Expert
- Participates in Company management initiatives such as: meetings, conferences, and committees
- Develops and maintains departmental governance procedures
- Supports decisions made by Company leadership
- Oversees contract renewals and vendor management activities for specific hardware/software vendors; reviews contracts for appropriate language, terms and conditions. Ensures contracts/ agreements fit the ongoing needs of the business. Manages negotiations with partners/vendors
- Responsible for the purchase of all hardware, software, license agreements, etc. Manages the overall license compliance.
- Analyze purchasing effectiveness and resolve purchasing issues with vendors
- Manage asset reconciliation and asset disposal agreements
- Design and execute asset management policies, procedures and processes
- Educate employee's about company policies regarding Asset Management best practices.
- Develops inventory management, procurement and shipment processes and procedures
- Monitor software licenses to ensure they comply with license agreements and usage standards
- Take part in various projects, providing support to the project teams
- Establish and maintain hardware and software maintenance database
- Works closely with Accounting, IT Finance and auditors to review/ audit IT Purchase Orders and overall spend.
- Develops physical inventory process and manages discrepancies
- Oversee manual GL Chargebacks
- Manages the development and execution of hardware deployments
- Works with Service Now team on Process Improvements
- Minimize costs through product standardization and tracking
- Tracks quality throughout product lifecycle
- Other duties as assigned
- A minimum of eight years professional experience with IT procurement, vendor management, contract experience and IT inventory management functions required; at least one to three years in a management, supervisory, or team leadership capacity is preferred.
- Proven ability to provide a high degree of planning, execution and outcome is required.
- Strong analytical and financial skills are required including, ability to collect, organize, analyze and disseminate information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Must have demonstrated leadership ability, business acumen, and industry knowledge.
- Excellent analytical, planning and negotiation skills are needed.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the expert ability to develop strong relationships with key members of both internal and vendor teams.
- Demonstrated business acumen with an expert knowledge and understanding of business issues, priorities, goals, and strategy is necessary.
- Must be highly organized, extremely detail oriented with strong leadership experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint is needed.
- Expert ability to communicate across all levels of the organization, present complex ideas concisely and clearly articulate ideas both verbally and in writing is necessary.
- Maintaining confidentiality, treating others with respect and upholding Company values is a key attribute.
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced, goal oriented, and time sensitive environment.
- The ability to drive organizational transformation; communicates openly and builds consensus with stakeholders.
Bachelor's degree in Management with a focus on IT supply chain or procurement or a related field or equivalent experience is required. Professional certifications are a plus.
Normal work days are Monday through Friday. Occasional Saturdays and Sundays may be necessary.
Normal work hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Additional hours may be necessary.