LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2020, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the 'World's Most Admired Companies' for the third consecutive year.
The IT Auditor role apply audit principles, skills, and techniques to evaluate the adequacy of Information Technology (IT) internal controls and processes in both design and application.
This position is expected to assist or lead audits of low to moderate complexity under the direction of the audit lead or audit manager. The IT Auditor is responsible for assisting or leading in General Computer Control Audits, including Change Management, Data Center Operations, Security Technology and Security Administration. Additionally, the position will participate or lead in data analysis, system implementation reviews, system penetration testing, infrastructure, and application control reviews. Applicant should also be knowledgeable in emerging IT technologies and risks.
The IT Auditor is also responsible for performing and/or assisting in corporate investigations, ad-hoc special projects, as well as financial and operational audit engagements across multiple functional areas, leveraging IT skillset wherever possible. Candidates should be well organized, able to prioritize, work well in a team environment, and have good analytical skills
While primarily based in Houston, team members will participate in audit assignments across our global company. Travel to both domestic and international locations averages about 10% - 20% a year. International trips range from two to three weeks. The position may require overtime at various times.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Coordinate and effectively communicate with a diversified customer base that includes many different audit areas and processes within the company.
- Liaise with IT business staff to ensure full understanding of data flow, security policies and procedures, data integrity, physical and logical system security.
- Assist or lead in audits related to IT process, infrastructure, ITGC (Information Technology General Controls), and pre and post implementation reviews in accordance with accepted professional standards. Duties include: initial audit planning, setting objectives, coordination with auditee, workpaper review, evaluation and reporting for audits.
- Participate in initiatives for continuous improvement in the effectiveness of the audit process.
- Provide input into the annual IT audit risk assessment and development of the annual audit plan.
- Interact effectively with associates, mid-level management, and other personnel within the organization. Continually demonstrate poise, self-confidence, tact, and maturity in contacts with other employees in the company.
- Identify best practices from other functions internal/external to the company and generate recommendations for improvements to reduce costs, increase efficiency, and/or effectiveness.
- Recognize and understand audit concerns of auditees and work together to a mutual resolution while maintaining independence.
- Give and receive feedback to peers and subordinates appropriately. Mentor on IT-related processes and business drivers.
- Bachelor degree is required, with a major in Information Systems, Computer Science, Accounting, Finance, or other related business degree.
- Minimum of two (2) years of relevant business experience and/or IT auditing experience.
- Big 4 experience is a plus.
- Proven ability to independently evaluate controls over IT, business and financial processes.
Licenses & Certifications:
- Advanced degree and/or professional certification such as CISA, CISSP, CISM, CFE, CIA or other is preferred.
- Knowledge in IT, operational, financial and audit processes as well as interdependencies among the processes.
- Strong communication skills, including written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Can communicate in a clear, concise, and organized manner as this position may interact with first-line operating and supervisory personnel and with higher-level management.
- Strong problem-solving skills and business acumen.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office, especially MS Access and Excel to research and analyze data.
- SAP and SQL experience is a plus.
Builds effective teamsCollaboratesCultivates innovationCustomer focusDemonstrates courageDrives resultsEnsures accountabilityInstills trust and exemplifies integrity
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston