IT Business Analyst (Managed Care)
Imagine a workplace that encourages you to interpret, innovate and inspire. Our employees do just that by helping healthcare payers manage the cost of care, improve competitiveness and inspire positive change. You can be part of an established company with a 40-year legacy that helps our customers thrive by interpreting our client's needs and tailoring innovative healthcare cost management solutions.
Our commitment to diversity, inclusion and belonging are part of the fabric of our company. We strive to create a workplace that fosters mutual respect and collaboration, where every talented individual can participate and perform their best work. We are MultiPlan and we are where bright people come to shine!
Our offices are currently closed due to the pandemic. However, once our offices reopen this position will need to work partially from our NYC office.
As an IT Business Analyst, you will be work with members of the MultiPlan business units to elicit, organize and document business requirements to ensure that the project team can develop solutions that meet the customer’s real needs; minimize requirement defects up front, establish and maintain agreement between the customer and project team on requirements for the project deliverables.
Your specific duties in this role will include:
1. Conduct meetings with business stakeholders to actively solicit, analyze and negotiate customer requirements in order to ensure the project team can develop solutions that meet the customer’s real needs; minimize requirement defects up front, establish and maintain agreement between the customer and project team on requirements for the project deliverables.
2. Manage multiple priorities, customer expectations and relationships with all stakeholders including IST staff and business staff. Manage relationships with customers, project managers, and any/all levels of management.
3. Solicit input from developers and other technical staff to determine project scope and provide estimate of level of effort (person days required to complete project).
4. Work with project team to develop cost effective, customer focused solutions.
5. Conduct walkthroughs with applications development staff as handoff from analysis to development in life cycle.
6. Work with applications development staff during the technical design, programming and unit-testing and implementation stages.
7. Coordinate changes to functional specifications that occur during development and updates functional specifications as required.
8. Work independently on small, medium and large-sized projects with low to medium complexity.
9. Support customer in training efforts for end users and staff members.
10. Collaborate, coordinate, and communicate across disciplines and departments.
11. Ensure compliance with HIPAA regulations and requirements.
12. Demonstrate commitment to the Company’s core values.
13. Please note due to the exposure of PHI sensitive data – this role is considered to be a High Risk Role.
14. The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
As an IT Business Analyst, you must be highly organized and detail-oriented, with strong analytical, problem solving, prioritization and Project Management skills. You should also be able to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, both independently and as part of a team. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and clients
Specific qualifications for the role include:
• Minimum Bachelor’s Degree, or 4 equivalent years of related experience
• Minimum 5 years experience in analysis and design on software development projects in analyst role.
• Experience in a Project Management Organization preferred
• Experience designing and implementing project management methodologies and requirements definition and management practices
• International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA)/Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) preferred
• Required licensures, professional certifications, and/or Board certifications as applicable
• Knowledge of Healthcare industry and understanding all major workflows associated with healthcare claim processing
• Knowledge of broad range project methodologies and best practices for requirements definition and management including Waterfall, Iterative, and Agile
• Expert-level business analysis, system analysis and project management skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Analytic, organization, interpersonal, prioritization, multi-tasking, initiating, communication, planning and technical skills
• Ability to lead, develop and complete IT project requirements in a timely manner
• Ability to use software and peripherals related to job responsibilities, including Jira and Confluence
• Ability to facilitate teams and client relationships to satisfy needs and identify improvements
• Ability to develop strong relationships with all levels of management
• Ability to demonstrate commitment to excellent customer service and follow through
• Ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects including continuous evaluation and re-ordering of priorities for self and staff as business needs dictate
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from internal and external customers
• Ability to be flexible and creative in problem solving and identifying process improvements
• Ability to anticipate business needs and think with a business owner mind-set
• Ability to recognize and apply project management, business analysis and system analysis best practices to fit a variety of situations
We realize that our employees are instrumental to our success, and we reward them accordingly with very competitive compensation and benefits packages, an incentive bonus program, as well as recognition and awards programs. Our work environment is friendly and supportive, and we offer flexible schedules whenever possible, as well as a wide range of live and web-based professional development and educational programs to prepare you for advancement opportunities.
Your benefits will include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage (low copay & deductible)
- Life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- 401(k) + match
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Paid company holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- Flexible Spending Account
- Employee Assistance Program
- Summer Hours
MultiPlan is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with all applicable laws and regulations. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please click here.
IT & Technical