Title: IT Business Analyst II
Location: Dallas, TX
Position Type: Direct Hire
Under direct supervision, assists in formulating and defining systems scope and objectives through research and fact-finding combined with an understanding of applicable business systems and industry requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyzes business and user needs, documents requirements, and revises existing system logic difficulties as necessary by identifying customer needs and software enhancements.
- Works to translate technical end user processes, system functional, non-functional, and information requirements that can be used by the development/implantation team.
- Collaborates with software applications team, lead users and business subject matter experts (SME's) to identify critical scenarios, identify data to be used in testing and documents expected vs. actual results.
- Assists project architects, development leads, and user interface designers in the translation of requirements to design.
- Develops user documentation and training materials, and reviews with training and documentation team.
- Be able to participate and contribute to an Agile environment, daily scrums etc.
- Supports all phases of testing by clarifying requirements, researching detailed issues, and defining solutions in support of project requirements and system architectural design.
- Creates and prioritizes list of post-implementation enhancements/modifications; participates in conducting end-user training; and provides support for cutover activities throughout deployment.
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field;
- Experience in an Agile Environment
- Two (2) years technical business analysis experience;
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Development background a plus!
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills
- Established strategic and critical analysis skills
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and an enterprise resource planning (ERP) program