IT Business AnalystSummary: The IT Business Analyst serves as the liaison between the business and the project/product technical teams. They play a key role within the organization across many disciplines within the SDLC, including requirements gathering, documentation, design, and testing.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Leads design sessions to analyze business and user needs and provides subject matter expertise in functional areas; documents requirements and revises existing system logic difficulties as necessary
- Defines and manages requirements as well as designs business processes that formalize existing, informal processes, and integrate business systems
- Analyzes system design to ensure alignment to business objectives
- Experience working not only in a software environment, but also data center operations experience
- Develops functional design specifications for reports, forms, interfaces, conversions, enhancements, and custom capabilities, in collaboration with business stakeholders and subject matter experts
- Creates user documentation and training materials ensuring concerns, comments, and any feedback is processed and addressed in a meaningful and consistent manner
- Supports and participates in all phases of testing by clarifying requirements, researching detailed issues, and defining solutions in support of project requirements and system architectural design.
- Creates and prioritizes list of post-implementation enhancements/modifications; participates in conducting end-user training; and provides support for cutover activities throughout deployment.
- Creates business case documentation and works with the stakeholders to determine and document the ROI associated with the project ask
- Keeps the project team and stakeholders focused on the agreed upon scope working closely with the project manager for alignment on not only scope, but schedule and cost as well
- Other duties may be assigned
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures including, but not limited to those identified within the Standards of Business Conduct and the Employee Handbook, as may be amended from time to time. Adheres to all applicable laws and regulations and the company's governance/compliance program.
- Responsible for reporting violations of the company's policies and procedures, Standards of Business Conduct, governance program, laws and regulations through the company's Help Line or other mechanism that may be available at the time of the violation. Assists with internal control failure remediation efforts.
- Become knowledgeable of internal control responsibilities through training and instruction. Responsible and accountable for internal control performance within their area of responsibility. Participate in the internal controls self-assessment process.
- Ensure concerns with internal control design or performance and process changes that impact internal control execution are communicated to management.