Job Title: IT Business Analyst
Job Req #: 21-12833
Position Type: 1 year contract with likely conversion
The Business Analyst (BA) will work within an Agile team to assess near term needs, issues, and understand the strategic goals of the association. They must be flexible, adaptable, responsive, creative, innovative, and work well in a team environment. A Business Analyst will often facilitate discussions with Subject Matter Experts in order to detail out user stories that may identify new functionality, changes to systems and/or new or changing Business processes. In some instances, the BA may act as a product owner in proxy. In addition, the BA may be called upon to assist with the planning and development of user guides and training materials in order to ensure adoption.
- Work with the team and the Product Owner in the grooming of the teams backlog
- Work with team members, Product Owner(s) and/or Subject Matter Experts in order to break down and detail user stories in order to establish clear and testable requirements within the user story (this includes determining Business Acceptance Criteria)
- Responsible for the creation of and maintenance of Business process flows related to the function of the assigned agile team
- Ability to work cross-functionally within their assigned team (i.e. testing, system administration knowledge, etc.), requiring a close working relationship with all members of the team
- Assist with the responsibilities of Business Data Stewardship
- Complete Business Use Case Analyses and aid in researching possible solutions
- Lead or assist in Request for Information and/or Request for Proposal activities to identify and select the best software solution and vendor to address identified business needs
- Performs other functions as assigned
Exercises no supervision; regularly provides technical guidance and training; makes independent decisions; works under general direction.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 3-5 years of related experience with familiarity within one or more Business domains
- Familiarity with information system development and support
- Familiarity with Business Process Modeling (BPMN)
- Understanding of Agile principles
- Experience with data analysis software
- Fluency in presentation software such as MS PowerPoint and Visio
- Familiarity with Enterprise Architecture tools
- Familiarity with Compliance Audit requirements
- IIBA ECBA and/or CCBA certification desired
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills including strong meeting facilitation, verbal, written skills
- Travel required in performance of job
**If this is not a fit for you or you are not interested, Ascent Services Group offers an excellent Referral Bonus! We look forward to hearing from you!
About Ascent: The Ascent Services Group (ASG) is a nationally recognized technology staffing and consulting firm whose fundamental business is providing staffing services to Small, Medium, and Large Enterprise clients in our core market verticals: Financial Services, Healthcare, Technology and Life Sciences. As consultants for ASG, you will have access to many of the top clients within the industries we serve. Our goal is to deliver innovative talent through proven best practices and effective resource optimization. Become one of ASG’s candidates and experience the difference!