The Intersect Group has an immediate opportunity with our direct client for an IT Buyer, where you will join a small team responsible for procuring hardware, software, and services for the Information Technology group. The buyer will also be responsible for issuance of purchase orders, tracking open orders for timely delivery of goods, managing renewals and logistics of equipment delivery and receiving. The successful candidate will be responsible for partnering with key business stakeholders on purchases and renewals to deliver cost savings, quality of service, and value.
- Collaborate and build partnerships with key stakeholders to understand and deliver on requirements for information technology procurement requests
- Manage the renewal process for subscriptions, support, and software maintenance
- Developing and managing the Request for Quotation process. This includes organizing, coordinating, and leading the solicitation events.
- Developing and managing POs: Review for coding, pricing and information accuracy. After POs are cut, follow each order to ensure all items are received. Inform customers of PO issuance and any other details regarding orders
- Evaluating bids and negotiating pricing and terms for goods and services
- Maintaining records and databases containing information regarding licenses, warranties, and service agreements for hardware and software purchases
- Ability to understand interpret EULA's, SOW's, and MSA's to ensure compliance with agreements
- Participating in cost savings tracking and continuous improvement initiatives
- Collaborating with internal customers/stakeholders on new projects/initiatives
- Supporting information technology initiatives by understanding all processes and stakeholders
- Develop and maintain effective and positive relationships with vendors based on quality, cost, delivery, and responsiveness.
- Responsible for administrative duties within the information technology procurement and inventory management function
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or other related field. Equivalent work experience will be considered as well.
- 2+ years of progressive information technology purchasing experience required; experience procuring software licensing and maintenance agreements and renewals required
- Experience with negotiating pricing and commercial terms required
- Experience in Finance/Accounting methodologies to ensure purchases are correctly coded according to Finance guidelines preferred
- Experience preparing contract documents for Request for Information (RFI), Request for Quotation (RFQ), Request for Proposal (RFP) and Purchase and Supply Agreements preferred
- Extensive knowledge of the information technology industry and disciplines to include infrastructure and applications
- Ability to adapt negotiating style to company's culture required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required
- Team player skills essential
- Strong analytical, business process analysis and problem-solving capabilities
- Intermediate to advanced skills with Microsoft Office Suite required
- Demonstrated experience to form and maintain good working relationships with a wide network of internal and external stakeholders; some at senior levels.
Interested candidates please send resume in Word format Please reference job code 66188 when responding to this ad.