Job Description: IT Data Governance Analyst II
Position Type: Direct Hire/FTE
Under limited direction, this role ensures successful execution of the data management program across business areas through the implementation of data management activities and solutions while working in partnership with business, technology and architecture leads.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop control structures to ensure the accuracy and quality of data through all upstream and downstream data channels
- Provide thought leadership and participate in projects that involve any of the upstream or downstream data flows and processes, assessing MDM impact and coordinating any necessary MDM modifications
- Identify control weaknesses and perform data integrity gap analysis, resolving gaps by working with the business owners and IT
- Lead business users to identify and clearly articulate business requirements
- Learn new data sources, structures and definitions and determine how to connect to various data sources
- Develop complex queries to mine, profile, analyze and validate data and build business impacting reports
- Research and resolve issues for users of the Master Data Management (MDM) toolset
- Develop and/or review key documentation, user guides and other necessary training materials
- Assist in the rollout of data reporting tools, including end-user training
- Develop and execute MDM test scripts
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, business or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- 2+ years data quality or similar level data analysis experience required.
- 5+ years relevant business experience
- Extensive business process knowledge and ERP experience for specific multiple domains such as Payables, Receivables, Finance, Product, etc.
- Basic understanding of databases and data structures
- Ability to provide critical thinking skills for problem resolution
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Intermediate facilitation skills and the ability to drive issues to closure
- Self-motivated and able to handle tasks with minimal supervision or questions
- Ability to write various documents such as functional requirements and process flows
- Proficient level SQL query skills with a minimum of 2 years experience querying data
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Visio
**If this is not a fit for you or you are not interested, Ascent Services Group offers an excellent Referral Bonus! We look forward to hearing from you!
About Ascent: The Ascent Services Group (ASG) is a nationally recognized technology staffing and consulting firm whose fundamental business is providing staffing services to Small, Medium, and Large Enterprise clients in our core market verticals: Financial Services, Healthcare, Technology and Life Sciences. As consultants for ASG, you will have access to many of the top clients within the industries we serve. Our goal is to deliver innovative talent through proven best practices and effective resource optimization. Become one of ASG’s candidates and experience the difference!