IT Desk Side Support Technician - 13057
This position sits in SYRACUSE, NY. This technician will take calls as well as provide desktop support to employees in the facility. This is a busy position and there will not be a lot of down time during the day.
Shift is 8:30am to 5:00pm with a 30 minute lunch. Monday thru Friday.
This is a 6 month contract to hire, conversion is $41-42K. Need someone ASAP
The Support Services –Team members will apply advanced technical support skills and experience to provide Level 1 and level 2-tier support and deployment of computer software and hardware products and services.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Troubleshoot and resolve hardware/software problems.
• Add additional software to our standard images and builds
• Provide help desk support for our members
• Provide AV support to our meeting rooms.
• Provide support to proprietary and standard applications.
• Perform troubleshooting, repairs, and deployment of deployed Windows and Apple products
• Work daily with internal customers via phone, chat, email, and occasional walk by to resolve break/fix issues and tickets. This includes handling level 1 calls from our members.
• Accurately record all work, troubleshooting, and communications in incident tickets.
• The requirements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employee, but is not a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required
Education and Experience
• Associate’s Degree in technical field or related professional certifications
• 2 + years of experience in MS Windows environment performing deskside break/fix support
• Experience using and troubleshooting MS Office (O365) products
• Expert level experience troubleshooting Windows 7 and 10 workstations
• Experience using ticketing systems – ServiceNow preferred
• Certification and/or License – Microsoft MCP, Comp-Tia, and/or Apple certifications preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Excellent listening, verbal and written communications skills.
• Ability to interact effectively with a wide range of people in business and social settings.
• Logical and efficient with keen attention to detail
• Able to demonstrate superior customer service skills
• Able to communicate and translate complex technical topics into easy to understand concepts
• Able to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing
• Able to clearly document technical processes
• Able to proficiently manage and troubleshoot Microsoft desktop operating systems
• Able to ask directed and logical questions to determine problem causation and follow documented processes to a successful resolution
• Working knowledge of Active Directory Users and Comp
• Working knowledge of Apple products including iPhone, iPad and Mac Computers
$18,000.00 - $20,000.00 /Year
IT & Technical