IT Desk Side Support Technician - 13057
The Support Services –Team members will apply advanced technical support skills and experience to provide Level 1 and level 2-tier support and deployment of computer software and hardware products and services.
This position sits in SYRACUSE, NY. This technician will take calls as well as provide desktop support to employees in the facility. This is a busy position and there will not be a lot of down time during the day.
Shift is 8:30am to 5:00pm with a 30 minute lunch. Monday thru Friday.
Conversion is $41-42K. Need someone ASAP.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot and resolve hardware/software problems.
- Add additional software to our standard images and builds
- Provide help desk support for our members
- Provide AV support to our meeting rooms.
- Provide support to proprietary and standard applications.
- Perform troubleshooting, repairs, and deployment of deployed Windows and Apple products
- Work daily with internal customers via phone, chat, email, and occasional walk by to resolve break/fix issues and tickets. This includes handling level 1 calls from our members.
- Accurately record all work, troubleshooting, and communications in incident tickets.
- The requirements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employee, but is not a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required
Education and Experience
- Associate’s Degree in technical field or related professional certifications
- 2 + years of experience in MS Windows environment performing deskside break/fix support
- Experience using and troubleshooting MS Office (O365) products
- Expert level experience troubleshooting Windows 7 and 10 workstations
- Experience using ticketing systems – ServiceNow preferred
- Certification and/or License – Microsoft MCP, Comp-Tia, and/or Apple certifications preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with a wide range of people in business and social settings.
- Logical and efficient with keen attention to detail
- Able to demonstrate superior customer service skills
- Able to communicate and translate complex technical topics into easy to understand concepts
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Able to clearly document technical processes
- Able to proficiently manage and troubleshoot Microsoft desktop operating systems
- Able to ask directed and logical questions to determine problem causation and follow documented processes to a successful resolution
- Working knowledge of Active Directory Users and Comp
- Working knowledge of Apple products including iPhone, iPad and Mac Computers
$19,000.00 - $20,000.00 /Year
IT & Technical