Location: Greenwood Village, CO
Type: Direct Placement/FTE
- Manage all aspects of IT at a growing software company with a hybrid mix of cloud solutions and in-house client and server systems.
- The client is looking for an IT Director to identify, work on, and direct strategic IT initiatives as well as overseeing day-to-day IT needs.
- The successful candidate will have experience with strong industry security practices as well as being adept at working with a broad array of both cloud and primarily Microsoft Windows on-premise systems.
- The client is looking for an individual who can communicate well with a variety of stakeholders key development staff, operations staff, end users, and outside contractors and vendors.
The work typically involves:
- Improving and documenting IT processes and procedures
- Specifying and implementing corporate-wide IT security practices
- Oversee and maintain backup and disaster recovery systems and procedures
- Manage software and hardware vendor relationships including managing software licenses
- Identifying, evaluating, and helping to implement new technologies to support strategic needs
- Procurement of IT infrastructure as well as end user machines
- Install and configuring computer hardware, software, systems, networks, printers and scanners
- Plan and undertake scheduled maintenance upgrades
- Work with non-technical employees to determine the nature of problems
- Work with highly technical developers to support development activities
- Investigate, diagnose and solve computer software and hardware faults
- Repair equipment and replace parts
- Investigate new trends and technology and then assisting the organization to use that knowledge to constantly improve the usage of IT.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Experience in the implementation of industry server and network security practices
- Strong Windows Server administration skills including Active Directory
- Office 365 administration
- Powershell scripting
- Azure networking and virtual machine deployment
- Hyper-V virtualization
- Windows client troubleshooting and support for business users
- Network administration (firewall and managed switch administration, diagnosing connectivity issues)
Suggested and Optional Skills and Experience:
- Administration of cloud based systems such as Salesforce, Zendesk, and RingCentral
- Basic database administration (e.g., user provisioning) for SQL Server and Oracle
- MCSE Server Infrastructure certified
- Software developer workstation support
**If this is not a fit for you or you are not interested, Ascent Services Group offers an excellent Referral Bonus! We look forward to hearing from you!
About Ascent: The Ascent Services Group (ASG) is a nationally recognized technology staffing and consulting firm whose fundamental business is providing staffing services to Small, Medium, and Large Enterprise clients in our core market verticals: Financial Services, Healthcare, Technology and Life Sciences. As consultants for ASG, you will have access to many of the top clients within the industries we serve. Our goal is to deliver innovative talent through proven best practices and effective resource optimization. Become one of ASG’s candidates and experience the difference!