IT Director (Dynamics 365)
This role will lead Microsoft Dynamics 365 organization for company NA including building the strategy, defining and executing implementation support, and optimizing related Information Technology (IT) operations, business processes, security, and data integrity. Candidate will lead all aspects of IT strategy, operations, and maintenance needed to support the business and to create and maintain a stable, scalable IT infrastructure.
Start Date: ASAP
Assignment Type: 6 month contract-to-hire
FTE Salary Range: $160K - $190K plus 20% bonus eligibility
Location: Must sit in Charlotte, NC
- Develop the overarching strategy and vision for using Microsoft dynamics across our organization. This includes partnering with the application teams and defining the overall multi-year roadmap
- Run the day-to-day activities of Microsoft Dynamics D365 engagements for a variety of clients including process design, package implementation lifecycle support and project reviews
- Lead scoping and defining potential project initiatives; partnering with portfolio to define cost and value realization
- Supervise and provide performance management for staff working on assigned engagement
- Lead business processes and design and advise on system services available
- Define and lead the governance meetings for prioritizing deliverables for the Dynamics teams
- Creating operational excellence with a goal of frictionless business leveraging automation, self-service, machine learning, and artificial intelligence.
- Responsible for preparation of yearly IT budget
- Applies foundational technical knowledge of an architecture solution to meet business and information technology (IT) requirements and resolve identified technical constraints.
- Enterprise-scale technical experience with cloud and hybrid infrastructures, architecture designs, migrations, and technology management
- Experience with management of cloud infrastructure solutions
- Experience and understanding of large-scale application portfolios in enterprise-wide environments (including migration of on-premise workloads to the cloud)
- Experience with scalable architectures using Azure App Service, API management, serverless technologies, container orchestration (e.g. Kubernetes, Cloud Foundry etc.), API management, microservice frameworks, SDKs etc.
- Identifies technical blockers (e.g., changing configurations, sample coding) for selected products to accelerate architecture implementations and routes non-technical issues for removal by the appropriate party.
- Applies methodology and governance to minimize business and technical risks and adhere to quality assurance while contributing to design and/or delivery of solutions (e.g. Well-Architected Framework, Enterprise Scale Landing Zone, Cloud Adoption Framework).
- Software development practices like DevOps and CI/CD tool chains (i.e. Jenkins, Spinnaker, Azure DevOps, GitHub, Visual Studio).
- Relationship Building. Proven track record of building deep technical relationships with senior IT executives; Experience in managing various stakeholder relationships to get consensus on solution/projects.
- Collaboration and Communication. Acknowledged for driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through with exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to orchestrate, lead, and influence virtual teams, ensuring successful implementation of projects.
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences (Senior Executives, IT management, Administrators and Developers)
- Minimum of ten years of experience with Microsoft Dynamics implementation and upgrade experience; accustomed to taking an active role in executing projects
- Bachelor's degree in an appropriate field from an accredited college/university
- Excellent team building, mentoring, and leadership abilities with strong client services orientation and accustomed to taking an active role in executing projects
- Experience leading & delivering large projects; use of collaboration tools to drive value and quality of design/build and run/maintain services from an offshore team
- Minimum 7 years’ people management experience (7+ preferred)
- Proven track record of exceptional performance, measured against revenue, client satisfaction, and organizational health metrics
- Demonstrated capability in building company wide processes with technology cross platforms
- Flexibility to accommodate change and thrive amid ambiguity
- Exceptional written and verbal communication and presentation skills, ability to scale across all levels of an organization
- Must have completed a Full Life Cycle Implementation of Dynamics 365