A permanent full-time direct hire by our client in Rosemont, IL. Please reach out to Blessy - Blessy@Divihn.com for more details about this position or call Blessy - 224 704 1709.
IT Disaster Recovery Manager
The IT Disaster Recovery Manager is responsible for developing, maintaining, and managing the company's Disaster Recovery (DR) program. The Manager will support all activities necessary to enable the company to prepare for and respond to technical business interruption. The role will collaborate with key stakeholders to evolve disaster recovery maturity and increase the effectiveness and efficiencies of the DR program.
- Develops and implements the disaster recovery strategy, program, and standards. (must have experience)
- Coordinates and mentors the Information Technology team members on the creation and maintenance of the disaster recovery (DR) plans.
- Oversees the planning, coordination, scheduling, and execution of the disaster recovery exercises to validate the DR plans.
- Recommends and assists in the implementation of risk mitigation procedures for disaster recovery.
- Collaborates to define, document, and plan for Service Level Agreements (SLA's), Recovery Point Objectives (RPO's), Recovery Time Objectives (RTO's), and availability requirements.
- Collaborates with the Information Technology team members to identify and remediate gaps with the architecture to meet the SLAs.
- Formulates procedures and tools for automating and streamlining key DR activities.
- Facilitates continuous improvement of the DR program ensuring processes and practices are current.
- Act as the Information Technology Business Continuity Program Coordinator for the larger Enterprise program.
- Minimum 5 years of experience managing IT Disaster Recovery and/or Business Continuity, a successful track record leading moderately complex technology organizations through actual and practiced disaster scenarios. IT Operations/Infrastructure experience preferred.
- 5 years of IT experience in a technical operational role
- Process management experience focused on Disaster Recovery
- General understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle Engineering
- Strong verbal/written communication, with the ability to effectively interact with individuals at all levels of responsibility and authority
- Process Management experience
About us: DivIHN, the 'IT Asset Performance Services' organization, provides Professional Consulting, Custom Projects, and Professional Resource Augmentation services to clients in the Mid-West and beyond. The strategic characteristics of the organization are Standardization, Specialization, and Collaboration.
DivIHN is an equal opportunity employer. DivIHN does not and shall not discriminate against any employee or qualified applicant on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status.