Here at Discount Tire, we celebrate the spirit of our people with extraordinary pride and enthusiasm. As America’s largest independent tire retailer, specializing in tires & wheels, we have over 1,000 store locations and continue to grow every year. Our consistent growth over the last 60 years, the loyalty of our customers and passion of our people makes Discount Tire a great place to work.
The IT Financial Analyst provides support for and assists in the financial analysis and control of the IT Department budgets. This position is responsible for the management of financial models for planning, analysis, budgeting, and forecasting efforts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsibilities include vendor/subcontractor & financial management; budget tracking & reconciliation, resource allocation and time management and overall financial reporting for the program.
- Assists employees, vendors and customers by answering questions related to IT Financial, processes and practices.
- Completes work in a timely and accurate manner while providing exceptional customer service.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- This position requires a minimum of 2-4 years of relevant work experiences, preparing financials for large (>$20M) IT Programs.
- Experience with SAP or other accounting related software is required.
- Proficient in Microsoft office, including skills in Word and Excel, is necessary.
- Must be capable of communicating information timely and accurately between departments, to the Project Managers, and to Senior Management.
- Ability to independently define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrates appropriate understanding of generally accepted accounting principles and has the ability to apply them.
- Working knowledge of business systems and processes and associated internal controls.
- Project/Program/Portfolio Estimation experience.
- In addition, troubleshooting, organizational and problem-solving skills with a can-do attitude and the ability to adjust to changing requirements are essential.
- Treating others with respect and upholding Company values is key.
This position requires a high school diploma or GED. Additional college level accounting or math classes are beneficial.
Normal workdays are Monday through Friday. Occasional Saturdays and Sundays may be necessary.
Normal work hours are 6:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Occasional overtime (more than forty hours per week) may be necessary.